mpeg movie rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

seraphina

Hi

Pretty basic prob. I have a sony digicam which also shoots short Mpeg movies. However, the design of the cam means that you often end up shooting the movies inverted. Can anybody suggest a free-to-download (or cheapy) editing package (or an easy direct fix) that would enable me to rotate the movies as one can do with images?

Thanks a lot.

Do you want to flip the movies or rotate them?

Many media players come with a vertical flip feature.

If you want to rotate or do anything more serious to your videos, I recommend VirtualDUB (www.virtualdub.org) that will do pretty much everything that a sane person would want to do with a video file.

I downloaded virtualdub, but it's too complicated for me to work out how to do what I want. Basically, the dummies explanation is: the video is on its side, and I want it standing up vertical.

Can I do this with Virtualdub? Can you explain how?

Many thanks

seraphina said:
I downloaded virtualdub, but it's too complicated for me to work out how to do what I want. Basically, the dummies explanation is: the video is on its side, and I want it standing up vertical.

Can I do this with Virtualdub? Can you explain how?

Many thanks

I have not used VirtualDub before, but I downloaded it to see if I could help. I found a filter that allows you to rotate the video by either 90, 180, or 270 degrees. Here is what you need to do (when you have the video loaded into VirtualDub):

- Go to Video -> Filters.
- Click Add and select Rotate. Press OK.
- Now, select the amount you want to rotate it by. Press OK. Press OK again to exit the filters box.
- Your video should be rotated and ready to be exported.

A word of caution though: in my research, I found that the rotation will most likely increase file size.

Good luck! Let me know if you have any problems,

Technel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back