Lcd out of range

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a brand new desktop from ABS computers. I got the desktop a day earlier than the LCD. I plugged the LCD in and it says out of range and then a hz-hz. Ive searched every where on how to fix this, but so far no help.

also it does have the 2 video card SLI technology so that might have something to do with it

does it show the post screen, and flake out once windows is launched? attempt to access the bios setup ulitity. if you can see it, the problem is with windows, because the refresh rate is set to an unacceptable value. reply your findings so your solutions can be posted.

well when i turn the comp on i can see the screen trying to show something and it flickers a little and then goes to the OUT of range screen. I was able to hook it up to my tv..but i couldnt figure out how to change the refresh rate or anything.

You will nee to find out the frequency range of your flatscreen whick should be in the book that came with it. Also, try pressing f8 and see if u can see the menu that comes up, if u can see it then select safemode and see if it will boot like that. If so, install the correct driver for the flatscreen.

You shouldn't run an lcd screen at higher hz than 60. There can be certain advantages to running it at 70/75 if you're using the DSUB instead of DVI, but you can also damage your lcd that way.

To topic starter, you don't have a regular CRT that you can hook up? then you can change the settings to 60hz and whatever the natural resolution of the lcd is and reboot.

Also, if you post which video card you have, it'll be easier to guide you....

What screen resolution are you running. 15" LCD's generally can only support 1024x768 whereas larger panels support higher resolutions. The LCD is shipped with a plstic over over the screen which shows maximum resolution and recommened refresh rate. Use F8 on bootup to access safe mode within windows and configure the required setting. Reboot and hopefully you should be fine. I am expecting you are only getting the problems when booting windows, correct?

J

yes i do have a crt monitor i can hook up to it so would i just go to display---settings---advanced-----monitor and change the refresh rate to something the lcd can handle? thanks for all of your help

volcomstone12 said:
yes i do have a crt monitor i can hook up to it so would i just go to display---settings---advanced-----monitor and change the refresh rate to something the lcd can handle? thanks for all of your help

Yes, that's all you need to do, and it should work :)
(But it wouldn't hurt to install the LCD monitor drivers at the same time)

If not, post back and we'll try to come up with another solution...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back