problems with 540.filost.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bossinensis

I am having a real difficulty getting rid of 540.filost.com. Could anyone help, please?

Here is my HijackThis log:

Many thanks!

540.filost still there....

I've followed the instructions to the best of my abilities, but the 540.filost is still there...Interestingly, it keeps on appearing only when I use IE, while it does not seem to be surfacing when I use Firefox. I would really like to get rid of it, though. I am submitting an attachment with a new HijackThis log. Thanks!

For the trojan in vbsys2.dll, follow these instructions:
http://www.xpounded.netfirms.com/xFree6.html

Then continue with these:
Boot in Safe Mode.
Switch System restore OFF, see how here.
In Windows Explorer, turn on "show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.
Next, open Windows Task Manager.

On Windows 95/98/ME, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE.
On Windows NT/2000/XP, press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
Click the Processes tab, select the process (if there), click End Process for:
ViewMgr.exe
usbn.exe

Next, click on Start/Run and type in (followed by press Enter):
regsvr32 /u C:\WINDOWS\System32\vbsys2.dll

Next, click Start/Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs. If there, UNinstall anything to do with:
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe

Next, run a HJT scan and (if still there) place a tick-mark in the little square before:
...................................................................................................
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [usbn] C:\WINDOWS\system32\usbn.exe -go -c99 -w
O4 - Global Startup: Personal Coach.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: VPN Client.lnk = ?
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: SearchList = usc.edu
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: SearchList = usc.edu
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: SearchList = usc.edu
O21 - SSODL: SystemCheck2 - {54645654-2225-4455-44A1-9F4543D34545} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\vbsys2.dll
...................................................................................................
Now click on the Fix Checked button in HJT. Exit HJT.

When done, from between the above dotted lines, delete the highlighted bold files.
When a \directory-name\ is bold, delete everything in it, including that directory itself.
Delete all files and directories from: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp
Repeat this for ALL [usernames].
Delete all files and directories from: C:\WINDOWS\Temp (except files dated from TODAY).
Boot normal. When all OK, switch System Restore back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back