Computer Running Slow After Installing Norton Antivirus 2006...Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

galjm

Hello there,
I just recently installed Norton Antivirus 2006 (which seems to be a mistake after reading some stickies in this forum). I thought I was doing good by making sure my computer was protected. Since doing so, my computer is running slow as molasses and I was wondering if my recent NAV installation is the culpret. Browsing on the internet takes forever to move from pages/sites/ect and download information. Is there any way to correct this probem? I have Windows XP and use Firefox and Internet Explorer as my web browsers. I also have Spybot and Adaware that I run regularly. Thanks so much in advance for anyone who can offer time to respond to my post....have a great day! :wave:

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

No wonder your computer is running slow, when you`re using that crap Symantec/Norton bloatware.

Uninstall it, and use the free AVG antivirus programme, and the free Zonealarm firewall.

That should get your computer back up to speed.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

LOL! Yeah yeah, I know now. I always thought Norton was supposed to one of the best for virus protections. Even if it were, I don't won't to compromise the performance of my computer. I'm on my way to check out those 2 programs you mentioned. And you know what really bites, is that I just dropped $45 bucks down the drain :( Oh well, you live and learn I guess. Thanks so much Howard for your quick response :)

I`m sorry that you`ve just wasted $45.

Your computer will be much better off without Norton, even if your pocket isn`t.

Regards Howard :)

khmm... can I say somethng?

Switch to Linux and you can pretty much forget about viruses :p As to Norton... I'm afraid they lost it some time ago, now they're like winblows - bloated, slow and greedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back