STOP: C000026C ---> ksecdd.sys (win2k)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi... i am having problem with my (boss) pc.. the problem is when i open the pc.. i got stop error message and after two "reset" win2k will start normally. i am experiencing this problem everytime i shutdown the pc for about 30 mins up.. and start it again, i am getting the following STOP error...

STOP: C000026C (Unable to Load Driver)
\system root\system 32\drivers\ksecdd.sys device could not be loaded
ERROR STATUS was 0xc0000221

win2k will start normally following two reset. i can live with the error ('coz it's my boss' pc.. lolz) but my concern is that some other problems might come up because of this "resets"...

please... for those experts out there... HELP!!!!..

i haven't tried re-formatting the system... 'coz the boss need the pc hehehe...

btw, this is a new system... 3 days old only..

regards to everybody and thanks in advance for the help...

thanks a lot for ur reply.. i'll check it and try.. but i still can't figure out why stop screen disapper after reset-ing the pc.... any explanations? .... thanks

It could be that your harddisk takes a longer than usual time to spin up. Your W2K start-sequence would be ahead of your HD and miss the time needed to load that driver.
Do a restart, press F8 (repeatedly if necessary) to go into the start-menu. Select the bootlog-option and run this option only ONCE. If it runs through without the problem, then your PC starts faster than the HD can spin up.
If the fault persists, restart the PC without the bootlog-option (to keep your logfile with the error in it unaltered) until you are into W2K again.
Check the file c:\winnt\ntbtlog.txt to locate the problem (Last entry in the logfile is the "sinner").
Please report back what you find.
Also do a CHKDSK /F to fix any HD-problems.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!...

i did what u told me to do. but after booting and got the error, i didn't find any boot log file.. so i was thinking that win2k is not even starting the boot log when the error occurs.

so what i did was to get all the cards out, except for the m/b, cpu & memory and HD and re-format everything. after two days of frustation, i visited the website of the motherboard manuf. before changing the motherboard 'coz i was thinking that there must be some defect on the motherboard.

so i found out from the site that the original program for the bios has a small pproblem related to the cpu temperature. so after getting their bios upgrade and flash my bios, the blue screen error disappear. that's why after the first boot the cpu is already warmed up so no blue screen error.

thanks a lot for trying to help me out on this....

till next time...

Since overheating/cooling seems to be the problem, just check out the temperatures of your CPU and mobo a few times in the coming days. Find the temperatures (do a reboot after the PC has been on for a few hours, then go into BIOS to check) or use Alex van Kaam's MBM/MoBoMonitor.
If the temps are near or over 50 deg. C, check that the cooler is properly mounted on the CPU and not the wrong way around.
You can also install CPUIDLE V6.0b or higher. Make sure you get the W2K/XP version of it. This will reduce your CPU temp by about 10 deg. C
I run an Athlon XP1900+ with Zalman flower cooler and Cpuidle at 30 deg. C, and my mobo is 28.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back