Installing Hard disk sata Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem. when trying to install XP I can't get the drivers to load from the CD it wants them In A: drive and that's too much information for a diskette, Can anyone help me out on this?

It depends on the motherboard but often the SATA/RAID drivers are not just copied directly from the CD to the floppy. Motherboard driver CDs often have drivers for different chipsets and different operating systems. In these cases a utility program on the CD is used so you can select the correct drivers which will fit on the floppy diskette. Directions on how to make the SATA driver floppy are usually in the motherboard manual.

It would be better if we knew what motherboard you have.

As I said earlier you need to make a floppy with the appropriate drivers. Do you have a copy of the motherboard manual? If not, find it here. See page 3-10 on how to make the SATA/RAID floppy. There is a makedisk.exe utility you have to use. I know it says RAID but this is what you want.

Alternately, you can download probably a more recent driver version from the same website I linked to. Just click on the Drivers tab. After downloading and unzipping the file, make a driver floppy in the same manner as if the files were from a CD.

thank you so much, I really apprecate it.
I just needed the step by step to learn how to do it. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back