Unable to connect to the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

zronin99

I have one imac and three laptops in my house, earlier in the month one of these laptops a gateway with xp got a virus and sometime during the cleanup from that virus it stopped connecting to the network (By my wirless router or by being wired into it).

I got help with the virus removal in another part of this forum and then the helper started helping me with my network problem, but after advising me on a couple things to do. I havent heard anything new in the last 5 days. -https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic117661.html-

To any one who couldn't advise me how to correct this problem thank you for you time ahead of time.

usually after that much work, the best option you have is to backup your stuff and format. One thing you can try is to get a third party software to flush your DNS, rest your winsock info, and purge your network connections. But this will not promise to fix your problem. As said before, after a bad virus, i would personally backup then reformat the computer.

Fixed Back on online

After talking to another furom user about this problem, after more dss scans, A fix for some stuff from MBA that changed security providers, Winsockfx. And two batch files ran to check my DNS info. Having reached the end of his knowledge with this problem he told me where a thread where people would know about it and suggested reinstalling Comodo firewall. I did and after lowering its restrictions my connection came back to normal.

Oh yeah thanks to everyone for there time and support and also happy new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back