I've done the 8 step process, now what

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ccooper

Hi, My name is Corey. I finished the 8 step process and I have the log files. Where do I go from here? Assistance would greatly be appreciated. :D

Cool! By the way I am a new comer interested in the field of computer engineering. I just started my major and im not quite familiar with posting logs.

About 3 weeks ago a friend of mine "kirk" started fixing a random guys computer on campus. The problem was that some random virus "sfdsdf.exe" kept popping up on the desktop after booting the laptop. My friend kirk accidentally copied the virus on his jump drive while backing up all of the important files without knowing. One day he transferred a file from his jump drive to my laptop and in the process I also received the virus. Afterwords we noticed what happened which leads me to my current problem. I now receive this irritating message numerous amount of times back to back. It tells me that some type of problem occurred with "sfdsdf.exe" and then it asks me if I want to ignore it or if I want to send it off. Sometimes I have to click ignore or send 50 and 70 times before I am finally done closing the programs. I have done the 8 steps and after I last closed the program I already see an improvement but It still is a problem. like I said before I never really posted logs before but I think that I have them in my possession. In my hijackthis - Notepad right?

Read: UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

Read: How to post your Hijackthis log-file as an ATTACHMENT
Lots more info below, on attaching the logs

Attach your logs using the paperclip button on the new reply toolbar =>
attach.gif

24zhkbt.gif

Step 8

Attach the requested logs
1) Malwarebytes Anti Malware log
2) SuperAntiSpyware log
3) Hijackthis log

Attachment Instructions
  • ONLY attach .txt or .log files; we will NOT read other files (such as .doc) due to the risk of viruses etc.
  • We strongly discourage you from copying and pasting the logs in your posts, unless if you have trouble with attaching them.
  • To attach a log click on New Thread (or use Post Reply in your existing thread).
  • Scroll down until you see a button Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.
  • Click on the Browse button, find the requested log file, and doubleclick on it.
  • Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.
  • Please Note: you can attach more than one file to a post by repeating the above steps.

Therefore your next reply must contain 3 logs:

malwarebytesgc8.png
MalwareBytes:
  • An updated Malwarebytes Scan
  • A full scan completed (today ideally)
  • All or any found Malwares removed by you
  • A log in "TXT" format (ie Notepad viewing)

SASLogo48x48.gif
SUPERAntiSpyware:
  • An updated SuperAntiSpyware Scan
  • A full scan completed (today ideally)
  • A log in "LOG" format (ie Notepad viewing)

hjtsy1.jpg
HijackThis:
  • An updated HijackThis Scan
  • A scan done after the other scans have completed
  • A log in "LOG" format (ie Notepad viewing)

All posted as attachments only. Here's an example: https://www.techspot.com/vb/post703761-1.html

Do NOT attach MS-Word .DOC files either, they will NOT be looked at! (Viruses love .doc files)
If you don't like this idea, you are advised to seek help somewhere else!

Please, do NOT post your log in someone else's thread!
Start your OWN THREAD, it's easier for everyone!

Also, post HJT-logs ONLY in the Virus & Malware removal Forum, unless asked to do otherwise.

The above quotebox also applies to posting other log files as well.
3) When creating your support thread, please DO NOT copy the entire "8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions" title, instead make it short and descriptive.

I hope this helps ;)

oh, ok. Sorry about that, guess I just had a dumb moment. As soon as I get back to my dorm room i'll save the file of logs and attach them. Thanks

Here is what I have

Yes well "ssdswe.exe" is definitely a Trojan ;)

Oh well have a nice day :) :wave:

If you do decide to post back, just for fun => Post the logs (note there's 3 of them ;) )

But otherwise you may need to seek help elsewhere.
Anyway, at this stage I might not help you personally anyway, because when I state to do one thing, I kinda expect it's done by the next reply. Pretty sure that aint going to happen here, so :wave:

This may help a bit, hopefully.

I understand and I am truly sorry about that. Is there no possible way for you to continue to help me as long as I do so?

I must be truthful to you -> :haha: (it did truly make me laugh)

This thread is subject to closure by the way ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back