My psu's are dying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

What is the voltage coming out of your mains power supply and does it match the input voltage on the psu?

It is also possible that your mains powersupply is dirty I.E power surges etc.

Have you considered getting some anti surge protection?

Regards Howard

:wave: :wave:

Howard means a surge-protector, which will be connected between the wall-socket and your PC. Pakistan probably does not have a steady voltage, such as always 110V or 220V, in the morning it might be 180V, at lunch 210V, around teatime maybe 250V.
If your country supplies normally 110V, anything over 120V is deadly for a PC.
If your country supplies normally 220V, anything over 240V is deadly for a PC.
Does the setting in your PSU match what you get out of the wall?
E.g. if your wall-socket supplies 220V and your PSU is set for 110V, sure enough it will burn out quickly.

The picture is not just a trailing socket but a trailing socket with inbuilt anti surge protection including broadband surge protection as well.

If this is what you have then I must admit I can`t think of anything else that would cause your PSUs to keep breaking.

Regards Howard

:grinthumb

Just my penny's worth,

I guess its hot there, is your processor overheating, do you have a decent fan/cooler on the processor does it have the thermal compound and is it the correct way around and seated properly.

I also read an article that said that the Chinese are now making some of the best electronics, not just copying western stuff.

el_barrows said:
yeah it is hot here during the summers but my cpu temp doesnt go over 45 degree celcius. So i dont think heat is an issue. My processor is seated properly and i wasnt dissin the chinese or anything but the past 2 i've bought have been chinese and failed me miserably coz the chinese parts they import here arent quality ones.

It isn't the Chinese parts, the problem is your power company.

I suggest you get a decent UPS and don't buy an underrated one for the job. If you do get an underated one, the same problem will occur again except it will tend to be more spectacular, often accompanied buy loud explosive sounds, smoke, and possibility of fires...

Your previous power supplies died from power BROWN-OUTS, NOT power surges. Alternately you could get a power conditioner instead if the power brown-outs are not severe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back