Page Fault in Non Paged Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
KevBurns said:
Hello,

I am having some very similar BSOD problems as some people in this thread. here is a summary of my experience, hope it helps.

One day, my computer decided to reboot in
the middle of a game. WOW, COOL, AWESOME. But thats not all. It
rebooted and ran fine, but every once in a blue moon it would hard
reboot at random for no apparent reason. Recently, it has gotten really
bad, and the computer will not run for longer than 5 minutes before
dying, regardless of load. In fact, all this hard booting has messed with
the operating system files, and even after reformatting the computer
continues to blue screen during windows XP installation

Nothing is overheating, and all the hardware is physically
secure. I started troubleshooting and...
This is what I wound up replacing:

1) the harddrive with a fresh 40gb drive and windows XP install

2) the power supply with a 485w Noisetaker

3) the motherboard with a P4C800E-Deluxe

4) the RAM with two Corsair TwinX 512 DDR400

5)
the cpu heatsink with a gigantic copper heat draining monster.

STILL HARD REBOOTING LIKE EVER.

Literally the only thing that has not been replaced is the CPU.
Behold, my powers of deduction!!!
I am going to replace it tomorrow, and will keep you posted.

- Kev Burns

Kev;
After reading your post I just can't help thinking that you might be devoting too much energy to the hardware in your box. If you are still getting BSOD's after changing all that you changed,I was wondering if maybe you want to do some setting changes in the GUI for your Vid card.Tone down the accelration,anti-aliasing,Video cache in BIOS etc.
Games as you know max out the capabilities of any Box and each game can have different settings because of the way they are written.
I have a friend that has a different hardware Profile in which he plays games only.That setting has every possible service shut down to allow his box to devot it's processing to the game itself.
Just wanted to give you a nudge in case you needed it.If you have done all/any of the stuff I mentioned then, I apologize for wasting your time.
Good luck with your problem.

Thank Liquid,

I replaced my processor yesterday, and the computer is running fine now. :grinthumb That was most definitely the issue, and i am glad to have it running again. I will be warrantying the processor and loathing Intel until i get it back.

-Kev

Try This. Look At Your Fsb Voltage In The Bios If Your Using A P4. It Probably Is Set At 1.62. Try Adjusting To 1.5 Or 1.4 (if Mobo Allows To 1.4). This Would Help Your Stablilty Problems During High Stress.

Hi folks,

I've read thru the 8 pages of posts here and it is very informative - if over my head. I am having the same problem but I am unsure how to apply what I have read here as I am building my first PC and cannot install windows xp because of this error. Specifically, I am getting the following:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA. STOP: 0x0000050 (0xFFFD8AEC, 0x00000000, 0xFFFD8AEC, 0x00000000) I may not have the correct number of 0's here.

I've listed my components in my profile but they are as follows:
CPU: AMD 64 3200+
MB: DVI Lan Party nF4 Ultra D
Video: nVidia XFX G-Force 6600 GT
Ram: Corsair (2) 512 MB
PSU: Antec True Power 550Watts
HD: 2 WD Sata 10,000 RPM 74 GB
DVD burner and floppy drive

When I first assembled and turned the machine on I got a beep code that I had a DRAM error. I've replaced the memory with new and can now boot to the bios screen. I have also used Partition Magic to partition my drives (multiple times and ways) and now have them as just two volumes formatted as NTFS. When I boot from the XP disc I get through the formatting and then start to copy files and fail with the above error.

I have 4 different sticks of memory and get the same result with all, no matter which memory slot(s) on the MB I use. How can I proceed to determine what is causing the error?

Thanks in advance for any help I receive. Finding this site has given me hope that I might end up with a computer and not a very pretty and expensive decoration.

Tim

TFD1225,

Zip 5 to 6 minidumps. Attach the zip files here and you can find the minidumps at the folder \windows\minidumps

cpc2004 said:
TFD1225,

Zip 5 to 6 minidumps. Attach the zip files here and you can find the minidumps at the folder \windows\minidumps

cpc2004,

Sorry to be ignorant, but I do not know how to do this. Since I do not have windows installed yet, I do not have a filesystem on the computer. How do I capture this info when my initial install fails?

Tim

tfd1225,

Try two memory sticks and re-install XP, If it still fails, try one memory stick and re-install XP. If it still fails, the error may be cache memory of CPU or motherboard. Disable the L2 cache memory at the BIOS and re-install XP.

Page Fault - Same Here !

Hi,

I have been having the same problems... :hotouch: Not all the time.. I get the BSOD with both messages, "Page Fault in NonPaged Area" & "IRQL Not Less Or Equal"... I have thought that the PS may be the problem, as I have added different hardware over time with only a 350W PSU in the system... Has anyone got any proof that the resolution could be the PSU... I dont want to spend any cash on hardware that is not required... ;)

Cheers,

Dear Group,

I am negligent in not having posted this earlier. Thanks to all of you who suggested solutions to my problem. My computer is now running Windows XP and is solid as a rock. The only time I have to reboot is when a new installation requires it.

I do not understand completely what the problem was. What I did to correct was, I removed my graphics card and memory and installed an old PCI graphics card and 512MB of commodity RAM. I also disabled the onboard audio and gigabit ethernet. With these changes I was able to install XP without problems. I then reinstalled my hardware, renenabled sound and ethernet and installed all my drivers and haven't had a single problem since.

Again, thanks for the help,
Tim

Hi Kritonas.

The pc is a P4 2.4G Proc. 1.5G Ram 2 x 80G HDD Sound card, nvidia FX5600 GPU, other bits & bobs..

Working fine at the mo.. Next time I reboot, may get the page fault or irq BSOD !! Weird problem...

Any sugestions, very well appreciated... :)

MalcW,

I replaced my PSU a couple of weeks ago. I also had a 350 w and replaced it with a 500 W. The problems with "Page Fault in NonPaged Area" & "IRQL Not Less Or Equal" were still there. I even replaced the CPU cooler with a copper one. Got special thermal compund..Checked my memory with memcheck for 2 days in a row. Checked my HD. Checked the graphic cards. Checked the CPU with 'Hot CPU tester Pro' & 'Micro-Scope PC diagnostic' for 24 hrs. Everything was/is in perfect shape. I then did a full uninstall from the nvidia drivers and installed a more stable version. My problems were gone.. I thought.. After 1 week it started all over again. It usually happens in the morning when I boot up. Or the PC reboots by itself 1 x just before the User Account login or sometimes I just get a BSOD with one of the errors just before the User Account login. I can then most of the time work all day without problems (once I get into windows off course). Sometimes (once a week) I will get the BSOD 5-6 times in a row without doing anything different. I've dissabled any startup programs etc..to try and isolate a software or driver problem but to no avail. My only guess now is that it's the motherboard. Funny thing is that I tried to install a fresh Windows XP SP2 after a fdisk and format and I took me forever. It kept crashing one me, PC became very slow, unstable and my Event Log viewer just showed so many errors that I don't have in my excisting Windows XP SP1. Go figure...

error 1003

Thx cpc2004 for having a look at those mini dump files. It's driving me crazy as I can't seem to isolate the problem. Today it hasn't crashed once since yesterday but it can just happen in a minute or tomorrow morning. Every time I have my hope up that's it's finally over when it suddenly crashes on me again. Keep me updated if you can figure something out. Thx again. Max

Max64,

Your problem is definitely related to faulty CPU. One dump crashes at IRQL x'1c' which clock level interrupt and one dump crashes at IRQL x'1d' which is inter processor interrupt (ie IPI). They are well test routine. They crash unless it is hardware error. I also find memory corruption Timer Interrupt routine at one of the dump. It is cache memory error at CPU. Replace CPU will resolve the problem

You will also find a huge Doctor Watson log with a lot of "Access Violation or Illegal Instruction"
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\DrWatson\drwtsn32.log. Paste the Doctor Watson Log here as I want to double confirm it is faulty CPU problem.

Mini042705-01.dmp D1 (c5d7c440, 0000001d, 0000000, c5d7c440) nt!KiTrap0E+21e
Mini042305-03.dmp 0A (7b8e9fb9, 0000001c, 00000000, 080535eff) nt!KiComputeTimerTableIndex+2f (memory_corruption)
CHKIMG_EXTENSION: !chkimg -lo 50 -d !nt
80535f00-80535f04 5 bytes - nt!KiComputeTimerTableIndex+30
[ 25 dc af 54 80:80 89 44 24 08 ]
80535f06 - nt!KiComputeTimerTableIndex+36 (+0x06)
[ 44:54 ]
80535f08-80535f0f 8 bytes - nt!KiComputeTimerTableIndex+38 (+0x02)
[ 08 89 54 24 04 8b c1 f7:04 8b c1 f7 00 00 00 00 ]
80535f2c-80535f2f 4 bytes - nt!KiComputeTimerTableIndex+5c (+0x24)
[ dc af 54 80:d2 00 8a 0d ]
80535f4c-80535f4f 4 bytes - nt!KiComputeTimerTableIndex+7c (+0x20)
[ 5c 24 10 83:00 00 00 8b ]
22 errors : !nt (80535f00-80535f4f)

MODULE_NAME: memory_corruption
IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption
FOLLOWUP_NAME: memory_corruption
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0
MEMORY_CORRUPTOR: LARGE
STACK_COMMAND: .trap ffffffff80540224 ; kb
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE
BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE

cpc2004,

first off all I want to thank you for taking time and looking at the problem.
I went to look for drwtsn32.log but can't find it anywhere. I did a full scan for it but it doesn't show up. I found drwtson32.exe in my sys32 folder.
Anyway, I just called Intel and they are shipping me a replacement. I must say that the support from Intel is incredibly good. I just send out my defective? cpu and I put my 2.26 back in the meantime. That way I can also test and see if the error happens again. Especially tomorrow morning! It's so very strange. Every morning like I said my PC when booting fresh in the morning it mostly reboots by itself just before the windows logon or I get a BSOD within a short period after logging in. I stress my PC the whole day or at least as long as I'm online and that's mostly 12 hours+. It barely (once in a blue moon) crashes on me once during the day. But lately I only had it in the morning. I hope you're right. I will keep you updated. Thx, Max

update

cpc2004,

A promised here an update of my adventure.
I send out my CPU on Monday and replaced it with an older 2.26 that I still had. Well, I guess you were spot on. My PC didn't crash once this week. No errors in my logs. I received the new 3.06 Thursday and it's been running fine since. I can finally close my PC case again as I was going crazy with the loud noise :). Since I was already looking to replace my motherboard I can take that stress away from my daily tasks. I did replace the cpu fan with a copper one and bought Artic silver 5 compound when I had the crash problems hoping it would solve the problem (which it didn't) but I don't regret that 1 second as it has lowered my CPU temp by 10°Celsius. Since my old PSU (350w) died on me not long ago I had to replace it anyway so I got a 500w for future use. After all my expenses were low and worth it.
I don't expect for my PC to crash again (except for the xxx bugs in Windows XP) but you never know. If it does then I'll let you know. In the meantime Thx again for your expertise and help. Max

hi. i was having problems with my agp8x card. i upgraded the bios. and everything seemed fine. i downloaded all microsoft updates..graphic updates,chipsets...all driver updates norton updates..i just built this computer.

intel p4 2.4 with ht
120gb maxtor hard drive
512mb kingston
geforce fx5500 256mb 8x agp
windows xp service pack two

i get a BSOD when running norton 2005 system scan. In my error logs, they vary..some say caused by lasass.exe. or some say codes that i dont understand. the error messages say page fault in non paged area and i get some that say something about IRQL not equal ... or some that say lasass.exe caused an error. it weird cause this is just day 2 that this computer has been running. i hope i dont have to reinstall. please help. thanks

max64 said:
cpc2004,

A promised here an update of my adventure.
I send out my CPU on Monday and replaced it with an older 2.26 that I still had. Well, I guess you were spot on. My PC didn't crash once this week. No errors in my logs. I received the new 3.06 Thursday and it's been running fine since. I can finally close my PC case again as I was going crazy with the loud noise :). Since I was already looking to replace my motherboard I can take that stress away from my daily tasks. I did replace the cpu fan with a copper one and bought Artic silver 5 compound when I had the crash problems hoping it would solve the problem (which it didn't) but I don't regret that 1 second as it has lowered my CPU temp by 10°Celsius. Since my old PSU (350w) died on me not long ago I had to replace it anyway so I got a 500w for future use. After all my expenses were low and worth it.
I don't expect for my PC to crash again (except for the xxx bugs in Windows XP) but you never know. If it does then I'll let you know. In the meantime Thx again for your expertise and help. Max

Max64,

Thanks for sharing experience with us. Some people never feedback after their problem are resolved. You are a good guy.

cpc2004

dae_amp_ika_dtp said:
hi. i was having problems with my agp8x card. i upgraded the bios. and everything seemed fine. i downloaded all microsoft updates..graphic updates,chipsets...all driver updates norton updates..i just built this computer.

intel p4 2.4 with ht
120gb maxtor hard drive
512mb kingston
geforce fx5500 256mb 8x agp
windows xp service pack two

i get a BSOD when running norton 2005 system scan. In my error logs, they vary..some say caused by lasass.exe. or some say codes that i dont understand. the error messages say page fault in non paged area and i get some that say something about IRQL not equal ... or some that say lasass.exe caused an error. it weird cause this is just day 2 that this computer has been running. i hope i dont have to reinstall. please help. thanks

Hi dae,

Zip 5 to 6 minidumps and attach the zip files here. You can find the mindumps at the folder of \windows\minidumps. If you find a huge Dr Watson log at the following path C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\DrWatson\drwtsn32.log, it is most likely it is a hardware problem.

cpc2004

cpc. how do I generate a minidump? I am getting the same problem right out of the blue (happens once the startup group seems to have completed, and is 100% consistant...EVERY time)... I'm running memtest86 right now on the dodgy machine.

disisme said:
cpc. how do I generate a minidump? I am getting the same problem right out of the blue (happens once the startup group seems to have completed, and is 100% consistant...EVERY time)... I'm running memtest86 right now on the dodgy machine.

ok..cancel that... The minidump is automatic, right....c:\windows\minidumps right?

Will get my minidumps and the 1001 / 1003 errors and attach them once memtest gets done.

OK... memtest came up with an awful lot of errors around the 508.9M mark. Time to get some more RAM, I think.

cpc, can you please verify that this is the issue from my minidumps and event logs (attached). Sorry, I used RAR rather than zip. There is a 1001 Event for every time I tried to start the machine, and a corresponding minidump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back