Voltage of the AIW X800XT 256 AGP 8x

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatastrophE

Hey all.
This might sound a bit of a weired question, but i'm wondering if anyone can tell me the voltage of the X800XT 256 AGP 8x, All in Wonder version.
As far as I know it's 0.8 (in AGP 8x) but I wanna be sure.
Reason is because the Mobo i'm thinking of getting has everything I need but warns that it cant accept a card above 1.5v and will get damaged if the card is 3.3v so i'm a little confused and wanna make sure.

thank's again everyone.

M.

If it's AGPX8, then it's 0.8V. 1.5V AGP is X4, 3.0V is X2. Not to be confused with AGP ver.3.0 which IS 0.8V (AGPX8). Why they name stuff like this is beyond me! AGP ver.2.0 =X4, and you guessed it AGP ver1.0=X2.

Cheers,

Hi Catastrophe-
It doesn't matter with the X800-series as they do not draw voltage from the AGP slot. This makes them work in any 2x, 4x, 8x or 8x "pro" AGP configuration without issue.

Alternatively, these boards (as well as their 9800/9700 series brethren) use a small, harddisk, molex power connector to draw their power.

The 0.8V, 1.5V and 3.0V rating of the AGP is the signal level on the bus. A lower voltage to represent a "1" means the bus can run faster. The external power connector (if any) is used for fan and GPU power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back