problems connecting to internet via browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Could anyone help me with this current problem I have with my windows?

It seems that I cannot connect to the internet browsers on my computer in normal windows operating mode.

I have Mozilla Firefox and IE7. Now before i upgraded to IE7, I could connect, but now it seems it's followed the way of Firefox. I have a perfect connection, and I've tried to turn my firewalls off to see if that was the problem with no success. The only way I can connect is if I go into "windows safe mode with networking" which is what i'm doing now.

A week or so ago i picked up some nasty trojan for which i recieved help at this site (https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=361959&posted=1#post361959. My lack of connection happened at the same time which makes me think they are somehow related. Can anyone help me, or am i doomed to safe mode forever?

Thanks,

P.S. Included is a fresh HJT log.
Vasili

Can you please tell me what this programme is.

C:\Program Files\BPG Player's Program\Bpgwin32.exe

If you know it`s safe, then, once again your HJT log is clean.

Regards Howard :)

The main difference between Safe Mode with Network and Normal mode is that Safe Mode loads only a minimal set of drivers, services and programs.

So... we can be pretty sure the problem exists with a driver, service or program that is running in normal mode.

The problem is, after looking over your entire HJT log from top to bottom, I don't see anything that jumps out at me as an issue.

Something I'd like you to try is Start > Run > msconfig and click on "Startup". Click "Disable All" to uncheck everything in the list and restart your computer in Normal mode. Any luck? Keep in mind this option will disable most if not all of your programs on startup, including some basic functionaliy you might take for granted such as battery meters, additional touch pad and keyboard functions etc... You can always re-enable these by going back to msconfig and checking the appropriate boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back