Computer won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this problem is already in here but I wasn't about to look through 50 pages of topics to find it if it is.
Last night the power went out at our house, my computer was on, and obviously it went off, I had a surge strip hooked up to it and all that stuff, but for some reason my computer won't turn on. When I press the power button the lights will flash on and the fans will start and will seem to turn on but there are no external beeps. Then I can't get it to do that again unless I flip the power switch in the back a couple times unplug it and press the power and restart buttons again. Then maybe I will get it to flash but not always.
I have a pretty powerful computer with a nice video card which uses up a lot of energy, I was wondering if it maybe was my power supply. My brother is very good with computers and I called him he said that maybe I need a more powerful power supply. Mine is 370.5W and he said maybe put in a 400W one. Is he right? Or is it another problem?

if you had a power surge, it could have goofed up your computer. just beacuse you have a power strip doesn't mean you have a surge protector. it probally is your psu but the psu could have burned out somthing int eh computer.(no likely, but it could have happined) and if you do get another psu, jump up the wattage a bit more than just 370W to 400, go for at least 450, if you decide to upgrade later you will be happy you got it.

Got it.. kinda

I actually do have a surge protector in the surge strip... like a $25 one, so I sure hope it wasn't the strip. I did get my computer to turn on and it is working just fine currently, but I have a strong feeling that it will do the same thing the next time the power goes out. I probably will buy a new Power Supply even if the one I have isn't bad because 370W is kinda low, If I do get a new on I'll get a 450W. Thanks for reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back