Brother's computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkedKube

Just built my younger brothers a computer, c2duo 4300. sli 7900gtx, Asus p5n32 E, 2 Gig's of G skill. We were able to overclock their processor and get a bus speed of 450 with a Coolit Eliminator. What I want to know how are our boards so closely related but I can only get a bus speed of 350. My cooling is better as well for my cpu.

What are the exact model numbers of the boards?

the only thing that I see (i'm not a genius) is that if your running the premium edition, it does not support the quad-core, it might work with it but it wont be running it's potential. Because it may say core 2 extreme and so does your processor but it says nothing about quad-core, which your processor is. The board that your bro is running supports it.

Big Dif

Your board is a nforce 590 intel edition chipset.

Your brothers board is a nforce 680i chipset.

The only real similarity is the board layout and some features.

I am pretty sure the 680i your bro has OC's better...Although you may need a bio flash...

hmm a bios flash huh. So bios updates can determine how well your mobo will let you overclock? I mean, I'm already running a quad core at 3.5, but my idle temp is 22C and FL is 31C. I figured temp is definately not my issue.

Well

I mean it may, just go to the asus website and look at your boards bios updates. It gives you a breif note on what the update does. It's worth a check.

If all else fails, you know a 680i board OC's that much better than yours :D

Ok thx, I hate that my brother's pc murdered mine in 3dmark and Sandra. Kinda pisses me off...did I mention I'm pissed?

yeah he did. Apparently not enough applications can use 4 cores right now, and clock for clock he still beats me, which sucks. But hey, income tax time boys and girls. I would invest my earnings in microsoft...but I'd rather put my cpu to 4Ghz+ with a better mobo, any suggestion?

Well

Just about any 680i board.....Go for the Asus striker extreme :D

Although, I am unsure of the model number, but Asus released a mobo with the intel P965 chipset that has a special OC bios with FSB up to 600mhz and all kinds of other OCing goodies.

Ahhh

Just found that special Asus board in my issue of CPU.

It is called the Asus Commando.

And I was wrong, this board lets you pus the FSB up to 2.28ghz !!!!!!!!!!
I am sure you can find the sweet spot for that quad core somplace between 200 and 2.28ghz !!!!

Here is the link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131149

I assume that they use the P965 due to the fact it is one hell of a stable chipset. Ony thing it lacks is SLI support but works with ATI crossfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back