Windows XP restarts w/ Stop error

Status
Not open for further replies.

strumbalot

HI! I'm trying to help out my sister who unfortunately does not live close enough for me to drive over and look at the pc myself. She is running Windows XP on a Dell desktop. I am trying to get more info on specs from her.

Here is the description she sent me: "Sometimes this blue screen comes up right when I turn the computer on and other times it does it after it has been on for a while. The computer will switch to this blue screen that says, "A problem has been detected and Windows is shutting down to prevent damage to your computer." Then it says, " If this is the first time you've seen this screen, then restart your computer. If this screen has appeared before follow these steps: Check to make sure you have adeqequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try charging video adapter." Then it says to check with your hardware vender for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable ... Then it goes onto how to get into Safe Mode. "

I searched for the error code and one could not be found and the other said it was related to Roxio which she says she does not have installed. Of course I'm stupid and don't have the error codes with me. I do however have some minidumps that I am attaching that will hopefully provide some insight.

Any help on what the problem might be or things to have her try are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Nickie

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    83.3 KB · Views: 6
The crashes are caused by an infection - Trojan.Peacomm. Go HERE.

BugCheck 10000050, {e65d3000, 0, 8053a98f, 1}
Probably caused by : wincom32.sys ( wincom32+915 )
Image name: wincom32.sys Timestamp: Mon Jan 22 22:49:11 2007 (45B4C0D7)

My sister had a friend clean her pc. I am going to be down in her area this weekend and wanted to "check" it because I'm not sure I have confidence in what he did. She said he ran the following: cwshredder, Ad-aware, Spybot, AVG Antispyware and AVG free. What do you recommend I do to verify that her pc is no longer infected? Should I run through the procedure that you have to clean a pc or is that necessary.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Nickie

HI... well I am in actual physical contact w/ the trouble pc now. I was in the process of looking at the logs from the scan's that were performed with the programs listed below. I think if there was a virus/trojan/worm out there she had it. The system then blue screened on me with the following error code:
BCCode 10000050
BCP1: E4235000
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 8053ABEF
BCP4: 00000001

I am also attaching the two minidumps I got this morning. Any help on what its crashing on is greatly appreciated. All the latest scans now show no malware detected and I have not connected it to the Internet as of yet.

Thank you so much!!!
Nickie

Ooops fogot to attach. I'm very sorry! Here they are...

The original problem file is gone. The new ones are caused by windev-6160-7082.sys. There's no hits on google and the timestamp is May the 2nd, both of these make the file suspect. I've seen another crash caused by a similar file (windev-50dd-2119.sys), but have yet to receive a response.

You could try opening a thread in the security forum to see if anyone recognises it.

BugCheck 10000050, {e4235000, 0, 8053abef, 1}
Probably caused by : windev-6160-7082.sys ( windev_6160_7082+9b3 )

BugCheck 1000007F, {8, 80042000, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : windev-6160-7082.sys ( windev_6160_7082+97d )
Image name: windev-6160-7082.sys Timestamp: Wed May 02 06:11:51 2007 (4637BB27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back