Random restarts - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I've read the post about what to do before posting mini dumps and am still struggling so hoping someone can help me out.

My home PC - had it 3 years or so, built myself, always been fine. Lately it has restarted randomly, sometimes after 1 hour, sometimes after 1 minute, sometimes fine for 5 hours.

Here is what I have done:
Cleaned dust out of PC, reseated ram. (Checked all connections)
Run spyware tests. (nothing other than tracking cookies)
Run hijack this (nothing stands out)
Ram Memtest (Around 4 hours and all fine. Will leave over night tonight to double check with the ram reseated and seperately if I have time)
Done a checkdisk through windows (all fine)

I've checked my event viewer for the 1001 and also outputted the chckdump file. I've googled the codes but find nothing relative.

I've also done a system restore to last week (before the reboots started). I've not had the problem since then, but I've only been on the PC for a few hours since so hard to say.

My friend reckons PSU but my PSU was about £70 with bells and whistles so I'm reluctant to get a new one 'just in case'.

Anyway. I've attached 3 example dums, 2 from friday and one from today. I've also attached the latest 1001 event viewer error from today. One of the codes changes each time in the 1001 errors if this makes a difference?

Anyway. Also turned it so it does not auto restarted on error so I can try and see if there is any message on screen.

Only thing I have done about 2 weeks ago is install latest NVIDIA drivers for graphics card but my system restore will have sorted them out now? I unninstalled and installed my old ones back on.

Hope someone can help me.
Thanks

Attachments

• first.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 6
Someone else can analyze the dumps - meanwhile, how are your psu voltages - run Everest and look under Computer, Sensors.

Download and run Everest Home (it is free):

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Once you download it, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop and then click on Computer, then Sensor and report the voltages and temps shown by going to the VERY top of the screen and click on 'report', then 'quick report-sensor' and then 'plain text' and save it then go to C:/programs/lavalys and open that folder then open Everest Home folder and then reports and then copy and paste it to here.

You'll need to post the minidump files, look in C:\Windows\Minidump. You can attach 5 (the most recent) at a time in dmp file format.

peterdiva said:
You'll need to post the minidump files, look in C:\Windows\Minidump. You can attach 5 (the most recent) at a time in dmp file format.

I attached them in .txt format in my first post so people could read them easier? If you need them in the dmp format as well i can (but says the same as txt doesn't it?)

Thanks.

IDRIS - they must be in their '.dmp' format to be run through the MS$ debugger.

:)

I've attached the 3 files again then in dmp format.
I still don't get what you mean though? I use the ms tool dumpchk and outputted to a text file. Is there something else where you can view more then?

Anyway - files attached*. Look forward to hearing what anyone says.

Thanks.

*(5 random mini dumps attached that is).

I think you have an infection. All the crashes are caused by vdo_54dc-3a0b.sys. I've seen it once before (here) but haven't received a reply. The vdo bit stays the same and the rest is random numbers and letters. As you can see from the timestamp below it's dated July 14. I suggest you go here.

There's a brief tutorial on reading the dump files here.

BugCheck 10000050, {e4105000, 0, 805034a1, 1}
Probably caused by : vdo_54dc-3a0b.sys ( vdo_54dc_3a0b+99b )
Image name: vdo_54dc-3a0b.sys Timestamp: Sat Jul 14 16:59:07 2007 (4698905B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back