My First Build!~ Quad Core/EVGA monster ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith22

Hey everyone. I decided instead of spending all the extra money on having someone build your computer or buying a wayyy over priced dell/compaq/something along those lines, i would finally build my own. Im 16 years old and pretty much love computers to death haha... I have a very very fair amount of computer knowledge so its not like im walking into somthing i have no idea about. I just wanted to see the reaction about what im doing and about my selection of parts so here we go haha.

Case: Raidmax Smilodon (Mid-Sized Tower)
Processor: Q6600 Intel Quad Core Tech, Conroe 2.4ghz
CPU Cooler: Tuniq Tower 120
Motherboard: EVGA nForce 680i SLi
Ram: Twin-X Corsair (PC-6400) 800mhz low timing ram (4GB)
Power Supply: OCZ GameXstream 700Watt
Video Card: EVGA 8800GTS 640MB {Not SLi....yet ;)}
DVD / R/W: Both ASUS w/ Lightscribe Technology
Hard-drive: Seagate 500gb 7200RPM

Here are some pictures of the build so far!

P6240134.jpg

P6240133.jpg

P8010174.jpg

P8010184.jpg

This is all i have so far ( Mobo and PSU and Case ) So watch around for me to add more stuff :) Thanks for looking!

Looks like you know your stuff, and is too late to change the OCZ, which is the only weak link I see in your system.
Let us know how it is working from time to time.

Haha yeah, well I COULD pull off watercooling... but the thing is that ive never ever experienced water cooling or seen a system in real life that has it. I know for a fact that it works extremely well, BUT its soooo risky when it comes to screwing up.. all it takes is one hose to leak 1 drop onto the mobo and im more than F****D. So basically, im REALLY thinking about doing it and since the start of the system ive WANTED to do it but.. i dont know if i can take that risk... i could fit it in easily. The HDD rack on the bottom is removable, so I could take it out and put the resevoir ( I would use a resevoir system, not a T-Line ) and the pump in there easily. For the radiator, i would pop out two of the front ROM drives ( i have 4, 2 will be used for DVD burners ) and then the extra 2 i could fit a radiator in. Yeah i know, im not sure if the 1 rad would be enough but from what ive heard i think it would do the trick with the Swiftech H20-120 Premium water cooling system... Other than that if i dont go with the water cooling system ill drop a tuniq tower 120 or the zalman 9500 or 9700 on there and see what happens. Thanks for the comments guys :)

They are one of the highest rated PSU's on newegg and top selling. Mine performs very well so far, nothing out of the ordinary ( with and without the motherboard hooked up ) and i have seen no fluctuation in power levels or anything with it. As far as ive looked into it, its a great PSU! But who knows, everyone thinks different!

Heyy guys, i finally got some more stuff lol! I got the Quad Core Q6600, and the DVD R/W drives. Took some new pictures with everything installed and with it looking alot cleaner ( still not how i want it but it WILL get better haha ) Hope ya like it.

p8150186xv5.jpg

p8150190ym5.jpg

p8150194pl4.jpg

p8150195pg2.jpg

Ahh i just had to throw that last one in haha, a $320 sticker :D

What do you thinkk of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back