Internet pages blocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimsou

Not always the same pages but when it does everything freezes up. Is this a spy/adware problem? virus? most annoying especially in the middle of booking tickets etc... will try ccleaner & my Kaspersky but doubt if that's the solution. Thanks

Freezing is not blocking. You need to give us more information. It might be helpful to find the Error(S) that occurs when you experience the 'freeze. That can be found in the Event Viewer:

Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> click first on System, then Apps and do this on each log: Right click> Properties on any Error> click on Copy icon below the down arrow on the right> Paste here. You do not need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description.

NOTE: Ignore Warnings, Ignore Information Events. Errors only and only one copy of each Error.

These instructions are for Windows XP. It is always helpful to give us information about your system to include at least the OS, RAM and model (desktop/laptop). If I knew that I could access the 'freeze' based on the model and RAM first.

Reply to Bobbye and other helping friends,
thanks first of all - second, am living in France but although speak the language am having a hard time with the computer linguistics - but love learning. Use a Toshiba Satellite M60 with Windows XP. Have found no Errors only events and warnings in Control Panel but have encountered Trojans via Kaspersky. Freezing means for me mouse indicator becomes a hand hence my term for frozen as cannot click on any other application - therefore have to ctrl delete & start again.

If you have found Trojans in the Kaspersky scans, have they been removed? How?

I am still not able to determine whether you are having a problem in the system that is causing it o 'freeze' on some sites, or whether there may be a server problem on the site, which would show the 'hand'. IF it is a server problem, it should time out at some interval if you do nothing and you would get a message to that effect.

Your Toshiba computer came with 1 gigabyte of PC 4200 RAM (Samsung). That should rule out a memory problem-IF the memory is good. Tell me this please: if you stop the load using Ctrl/Alt/Del, can you then go back and load the page? Do you have to reboot first, THEN load the page.

So: 1. RAM information, 2. Kaspersky results, 3. Page loading at all- same site after reboot?

Additionally, you should also have at least 2 spyware/adware programs. Do you have any? Have you scanned with them?

Bobbye SOS

OK, RAM info 512 Mo, Kaspersky detected 5 dangerous elements which were "neutralised" (French translation) but I don't think this means destroyed. Also some Adware which is "un-neutralisable" Spybot (which I didn't have until yesterday...) took a few hrs to detect 3 Trojans which I deleted and 19 files under 5 various headings including Altnet and WhenU... No solution to my problem with Internet pages, still happening, cannot load even after rebooting. PC doesn't time out and now the "hand' can also "jam up" as a mouse arrow - this is depressing! thanks - if you can make my day a little brighter! PS have downloaded a glossary of IT terms.... thanks for your patience

Hi,

Not sure if i am a big help but try and disable Kaspersky and then try if it works and also try and use any other firewall or antivirus

With the number of malware infections being shown through Kaspersky and Spybot Search & Destroy, I strongly suggest follow this process: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Once you have run the programs and have the logs ready, please begin a NEW thread, with a reference to this one:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=642294#post642294

Sometimes when there have been several replies previously, the logs aren't picked up. So by starting a new thread to check the logs, someone will help you find the malware and remove it. By including the reference to this thread, that person can review what has been done previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back