radeon 9600SE - cant right click desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello there, i just signed up the forums, so sorry if im violating any rules. i did search first tho....

anyway, i just got my radeon 9600SE and everything works fine, except that i cant rightclick my desktop to get to the display properties, everytime i do that my desktop and all icons in the taskbar are refreshed.

anyone have any idea what i can do?

i have latest dx and catalyst drivers, win xp.

my friend who gave me his old motherboard had the same problem when he still used it and installed his radeon.

if u need more info, feel free to ask!

thanks a bunch!!

Christoph

Sound like you may need to flash your bios to the latest version. Check on your motherboard to see what model it is and go to that companies website to get the latest bios update. If you did that already, check your bios settings and make sure AGP is enabled (sometimes motherboards default to PCI for primary graphics). If all else fails, try loading motherboard default factory settings in your bios and see if it is still acting up.

:wave: Hello & Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

Just curious... What kind of mouse are you using?
If it's a USB mouse, have you tried connecting it throught the PS2?

Because what you're describing doesn't seem to be a VPU problem, but rather something else...

Have you installed the correct drivers for your mouse (not needed if you're just using a 2 button mouse though, but could still be worth a shot)...

Also, as playerdef said, flashing your mobo's BIOS might be a good idea, as it should correct any incompatiblilties the motherboard might have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back