Misc news tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doom III will come bundled with a Nvidia NV40?

Yeh defently, but only because HL2 is being bundled with the Radeons.

The Pentium4 temperature diode is inaccurate to compare temps with, Full story.

I read the first page, but which reading is correct?

Originally posted by Per Hansson
Doom III will come bundled with a Nvidia NV40?

I doubt that statement, unless the NV40 won't be released until after the summer.

PlanetDoom has a little news-item about JC being interviewed in a german magazine:
The german magazine PCGames Hardware has a quick Q&A with John Carmack in their latest issue. It’s very short, but there are a lot of new and unbelievable information.
A video card with at least 128MB RAM and Pixel Shader 1.1 support is required for DOOM 3.
A 2.5GHz CPU should be enough for the stencil shadows and physics calculations.
The testing phase might last till summer or even later this year.
DOOM 3 will be released on 4 CDs.
Last time we heard about the target system for DOOM 3 it was just a PC with a GeForce 3 class video card, but according to that Q&A it will be the minimum. Maybe we will find out more during the upcoming GDC.
(My emphasis)

Thus it wouldn't make much sense for Nvidia to bundle a game which isn't ready to be shipped with their new card.

Had on the other hand iD gone out and said that the game would ship 15th of April, it would've been another case, since nVidia wouldn't have known about it until after they'd signed the deal (like what happened with ATI and HL2).

Re: Re: Misc news tidbits

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi
Thus it wouldn't make much sense for Nvidia to bundle a game which isn't ready to be shipped with their new card.

I guess it's a way for nVidia to get even with ATI. When ATI announced the HL2 bundle, it gave them some publicity & yet, no one who has one of those cards has a copy of the game. I guess nVidia are just trying to get a piece of the spotlight any way they can.

Re: Re: Re: Misc news tidbits

Originally posted by Didou
I guess it's a way for nVidia to get even with ATI. When ATI announced the HL2 bundle, it gave them some publicity & yet, no one who has one of those cards has a copy of the game. I guess nVidia are just trying to get a piece of the spotlight any way they can.

Perhaps..

ATI thought they'd be getting the finished game along with their cards, but then Valve couldn't finish the game in time. Here nVidia knows the game won't be ready, but will include a voucher instead.

But you're right in saying that they'll be getting their time in the 3D Spotlight (;)) by doing this.

Re: Re: Misc news tidbits

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi
PlanetDoom has a little news-item about JC being interviewed in a german magazine:

Seems to have been a little update about this interview.
PlanetDoom says
Update: After reading this information, we asked id software for confirmation and they have replied saying that the information that appeared in the article is totally false and a fabrication on the magazine's part.

A bit sad, since it's not just a web page, but a printed mag who's making it up. (On the web you know you have to take everything with a pinch of salt, but a printed mag... Oh, well)

Now let's just hope that PlanetDoom really has been in contact with iD and cleared this up. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back