TS Members! Come play against other TS'ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidosmosis

A lot of people in the past have been interested in getting together some online games with other TS members. We may also start a clan in the future. For now, several of us TS members have finally taken the initiative to create a central meeting place for TS members so we can get together some online gaming.

Last night, Vehementi and I played a game of Battlefield Vietnam. (Yes, I won). LOL@Vehementi.

Anyway, #tsgaming is a meeting spot basically for us to get together some gaming so please drop in. Also feel free to download MIRC and keep the room open 24/7 (a lot of us do).

Where?

#tsgaming on irc.starchat.net

How?

Two of many ways to join this room: The first (and quickest) is to go to www.starchat.net/chat/ and all you have to do is choose a username and type #tsgaming for the room/channel.

The second is, you can download MIRC @ http://www.mirc.com/get.html

If you have any questions about how to get to #tsgaming please
post them here.

Thanks.

For those that've used both, how's Ventrilo compared to TeamSpeak? The overhead on TS isn't bad compared to the old Roger Wilco. To this point, I'd never heard of Ventrilo.

Ventrilo user here - used to be a Teamspeak user but I too agree that Ventrilo is better.

A few screenshots showing some of the nice details in BF Vietnam vegetation and through a scope and binoculars.

1330ScreenShot1-med.jpg

1330ScreenShot17-med.jpg

I would like to note that in BFV when playing with bot's the bot's DO respond to usually obey your radio commands. If you ask to follow, they follow.

Something else that is new is that you can slightly modify your characters skin (about 8 combinations I believe). There are no longer just a few different weapon selections. You now choose between several classes and then you choose between another primary weapon. For example if you want to be a sniper, you get to choose between two diff combinations of weapons as opposed to one type of rifle and just the default secondary weapons.

That screenshot of the bino view of the Hueys flying away is awesome...I have got to get my gaming system built and pick up this game...I'd definitely be into playing online with some TS members...great idea...:grinthumb

Vassil, a friend of his and I played a game of BFV a few days ago using Ventrilo so that we could communicate over microphone. It was pretty awesome. I personally have never played a game using something like that and I was impressed at how well Ventrilo worked and how fun it was.

I was trying to figure out how to trigger the log traps at the top of a hill and one of them were at the bottom of the hill. I didn't thing it would work but I had an idea to shoot this small strip of wood running down the middle of the front of the log trap and it worked. The log's came tumbling down right on top of him. It was hilarious and I clicked on the microphone and was like "whooooooops".

Fun stuff. Remember guys, go to irc.starchat.net in room #tsgaming if you are looking for someone to play.

Vassil, the other guy and I talked about possibly forming a clan. So PM one of us if you think you might be interested.

is the channel still up or is it dead and gone

just wondering since i was planning on kicking some arse around here in Far Cry... lemme know

There wasn't a large enough response for any gaming :p. Plus I got a job and didn't feel like mainting a channel. ;-)

Yeah, I've got it lying around here somewhere (got the cd edition, not the dvd, so I'll have to hunt around a bit)

I wouldn't mind a match, but I'm going to a BattleField lanparty this weekend, so I won't be able to play until next week...

I wouldn't mind a match either - though a server with a decent ping for the both of us might be difficult to find.

Someone needs to set up a nice gameserver in the middle of the ocean :)

Papa> I think the closest thing we'll get to that is a server in England. It isn't in the middle of the ocean, but at least it isn't on the European mainland :D

Guess we'll have to traceroute a couple of servers to find one without too many hops for all of us.

Im up for BFV, maybe UT2K4 (be ready to be owned) if i can get a good nuff comp to play on.

You guys let me know if you're ever on for BFV and I'll try to join you.....it's not the ping that would stop me but the time of day/night. Weekends are best.

Originally posted by ---agissi---
maybe UT2K4 (be ready to be owned)

AHAHHAHAhahahahahahah ah HAha aha a ahahah AHAHAHA A ahhaha ah !!!!!

I find your lack of faith disturbing...

:evil:

I'm more up for playing Battlefield Vietnam than anything. I'd really like to get a TS "clan" or "team" type thing going where we meet on IRC like ever so often and play. That would be nice.

I re-registered the #tsgaming channel on irc.starchat.net.

Acid, do you currently belong to a clan? What handle do you play under....your forum name?

Originally posted by LNCPapa
I don't mind handing out some butt whoopin's in UT2K4 :)

You talk tough, but I don't believe you.... I think I would have to see it myself.

;)

I'll try and hand out some mild spankings on MS Hearts! :p

You can catch me on CS:CZ under the name Wibble (email dobber_arris @ yahoo.co.uk) and the same handle on Call Of Duty. Might pick up a copy of BFV sometime soonish.

Wow, we gotta play some UT.. I recon I could win over you all.. realistically - just remember, im a kid, no job, its summer time :D Practice practice practice, online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back