Farewell all

StormBringer

Well, I thought I'd let everyone know I'm leaving, that is if this post doesn't dissapear like others I've made recently have.

For some time now, several of my posts have just vanished, I think I know why but I can't prove it. I'm tired of my posts being deleted for no reason and being edited, not because I used profanity or anything but because I disagreed with someones opinion.

Most of you here have been very helpful and friendly but I can't keep coming somewhere where I am apparently not wanted.

I have tried twice to complain about these problems in the comments section but the posts were deleted shortly there after making them. I have talked to Rick about this several times so he knows exactly what has been going on.

Audio and Video > external power supply for v-card
https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2211
Originally posted by StormBringer
I was right before. Editing my post doesn't change that.

Originally posted by uncleel
QUOTE: Note: *The namecalling was edited, not your post.
(*edited by mod)

None of your posts have been deleted by me, despite the fact you considered it ( preforementioned thread) an arguement. Gentlemen should be allowed to disagree w/o resorting to personal attacks & namecalling.
Regardless, sorry you feel that way. But if a mod deleted your posts in the Comments Section, I would back him up 100%
The Meeting 'spot' > Newcomer Welcome & Hello
https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15
this BB (TechSpot, aka 3D Spotlight OpenBoards or Jelsoft Enterprises Limited) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, close, or delete any message or any thread for any reason.

Aww...Sorry to hear that StormBringer. You've brought alot to TS, and I hate to see you go...

But goodbye, and good luck in the future :D

I'll miss you on the board, Storm. I'm sure you'll find another one to migrate too though, or even come back later on. :)

Storm, I find that hard to believe, maybe it is happening, but if it is its without my knowledge, and its without discussion amoung the other mods. Sorry to see you leave, but if you've got your mind set then guess thats it. I'm not going to beg you to stay around cause I think thats gay, if you want to leave then thats fine. Sorry you feel that way, I don't know of anyone that dislikes you here.

Deleting without informing the user of the reasoning is something I would hope wouldn't happen round here, but obviously it has (or the forum software has gone loopy). I hope that whoever is involved in this can discuss this with Stormbringer and other moderators and resolve this without us having to lose a good forum member. Please try and sort this out before leaving :(

Originally posted by SNGX1275
Storm, I find that hard to believe, maybe it is happening, but if it is its without my knowledge, and its without discussion amoung the other mods. Sorry to see you leave, but if you've got your mind set then guess thats it. I'm not going to beg you to stay around cause I think thats gay, if you want to leave then thats fine. Sorry you feel that way, I don't know of anyone that dislikes you here.
Same thing here, I've heard nothing about this till now...

Shame you're leaving, we barely got to know you.

Drop by in the channel if you want, conversation is always pleasant there.:)

I'm with ya StormBringer.
It is a bit clannish at times.But with good reason. These fellas keep the site going for all (every gender&age). And you can 'earn' (trust me...I know) a big brother eye on u.
But don't deprive ppl of ur knowledge as it aint fair to the noobs (cryptic) that seek the answers. (as I am myself to certain hardware and such).
But I know what ya mean by posts 'disappearing' (bit of flamage involved) and I reckon that's a bit unfair too mate.Seems like you can't have a 'go' at some people's 'knowledge' sometimes without offending them.
But as I said, keep with it as there r ppl out there on other forums searching for the answer, and 1 minute or 1hr (depending on their conxtion---damn I want cable) they could be here doin' some surfin' and come across an answer that u provided.
Don't waste ur knowledge

alright...alright...i'll shut up now

Sorry to see you go, oh bringer of storms.... I, hoped that you could get the issue resolved, but it seems that you've just had enough, and thats fair enough. Anyone who doesn't enjoy their experience here won't stay.... I'm sorry it has come to this, :(

best of luck wherever else you decide to lurk and take care.:grinthumb :) :D

I swear I have never even so much as edited one of your messages, never mind deleted one.

Posts which I have deleted in the past, and that's not been often, have contained offensive language, sexual references, etc....

I've never read a post from you containing anything like that.

I am very sorry that you feel that your experience here has been negative and if possible I would like to get to the bottom of this.

This is a great forum here and we need more members like you not less so if possible perhaps we could discuss this further rather than you just leave. I would be very pleased if that would happen.

I am afraid that this sort of thing has reared its ugly head in the past. I thought as a group we were past this but apparently not. Any regulars will know I am an advocate of free speech, who only believes that offensive material be removed from here. Believe me, we spent enough time working out what offensive was, but mostly that included racism, sexism, sexual references, offensive language, etc. I have certainly never read any post from you containing this.

I hope very much that you will come back and talk about this.

It's too bad you feel this way. I have nothing but good things to say about this forum. People were very helpful when I had questions, and pointed out ways to increase my satisfaction through the various features of 3DS. I hope you reconsider.

Back