Center speaker during mp3 playback.. Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzyduck

Now, only when i play a game and watch a dvd movie it will play sound. Is it possible to use it all the time, for example during mp3 playback? Do i need a 5.1 mp3-player or something?

Specs..

Sb Live 5.1
speakerset: Us Blaster ..something..

Thanks in advance

I can't speek for your soundcard/speaker setup but I listen to MP3 with all five of my speakers. You have to set your soundcard /speakers to playback in Dolby pro-logic mode, then it will decode the stereo signal to all 5/6 speakers for most music.

Uhm, where can i set it to dobly pro logic? I cannot find it really, i looked at all the settings and the drivers. Cant turn it on. Its not on the speakerset so it must be the soundcard.

Ps. its a 5.1 set. 5 speakers + woofer, and i want the centre speaker to work.

Control Panel>>Sounds and Audio Devices>>then on the Volume tab at the bottom there should be an advanced tab. Click that for speaker setup. It is in there.

One more thing, some more specs:

soundblaster live 5.1 player with 5 jack-entrances. Black Green, pink, blue and orange
Now i use the green black and orange for sound.
Green for front
Black for back
Orange for centre and woofer

My Us blaster speaker set is a 5.1 analog. So 5 speakers and a woofer.
The set has 6 tulip-entrances White and red ones.
The red ons go in the white once and the white ones in the red ones.
I know this is weird but otherwise the sound is visaversa. The set has 5 outgoingthingies for the speaker, but they are connected as they should be.

Now the question again:

I`m redownloading the drivers from soundblaster.com, what do i need to turn on or what do i do wrong with the connections of the cables? I want to hear the center speaker during normal windowsuse like mp3playback. When i watch a dvd and play a game the center speaker works.

Please help!

Again, enable CMSS in PlayCenter or you won't get centre channel output in "any" stereo/mono encoded sources.

The Live! only does a stereo X2 playback for, errm, stereo sources. It works fine in DVDs & games because games that support 3D Audio can use a center chanel as the Live! supports outputting to it. DVDs use Dolby Digital or DTS which support multi-channel audio, again, allowing centre channel output if its coded for.

If you cannot install PlayCenter then you cannot get it. A more limied alternative is to download the Win DVD 4 trial program & use the Pro-logic 2 or ICE encoder available with that to up-mix stereo/mono sources to 5.1 output. That only applies to stuff played by Win DVD though. With playcenter's CMSS it will apply to *every* unpositioned stereo/mono source

HAHAHA, you are not going to believe this! Now i installed the latest playcenter. Version 3 that is. and uhmmm: I cannot find the CMSS Button!!!!! You can call me very stupid if you like but i`m serious!

YESYES, back again. Now with a new problem.

When CMSS is enabled the rear speakers become very disorted. Blur sound you may call it.
Whats the problem or is that normal?

Hey bro, where in da **** did that CMSS button go! I will test my rear channel 4 u. Im using PC 3 too. cant find it, CMSS isnt listed anywhere in the creative help topics.

Soon I will buy the klipsch digital dolby decoder. It has 3 channel live, but for true 5.1 it still has to be recorded in 5.1 to feel the delay. So the software implementation wont give true effects, I still want to test CMSS. Only game I get 5.1 through is UT2003. I wonder what CMSS does to EAX.

CMSS can be enabled here;
34.gif

The distortion is, well, unavoidable due to how CMSS works. But if you want a center channel with stereo/mono stuff like CDs then thats the only way you're gonna get it. As regards 3D Audio it won't have "any" effect. It only up-mixes non-positioned stereo/mono sources, e.g. game soundtracks. Whatever else gets upmixed will vary depending on how well a game uses 3d audio, or not. Far as I remember with Serious Sam everything gets upmixed as there no 3D Audio used in the game.

CMSS sux as far as Im concerned, Only channel I could hear is the center. Even with center volume all the way down. What a way to descrace a system! Nothing beats dolby surround. Especially off a straight digital output. THats why im buying this soon http://store.klipsch.com/details.asp?ProdID=8 "DD 5.1" go read specs on that. Its a nice little package for 150$. Im gonna hook up the Xbox into that badboy, then im buying the NextVision N5 Video Processor with 1024x768 resolution made by viewsonic. THen I can finally get high resolution. I cant afford no HD tv. Or a 5000 dolla home stereo. Soon I will have even better. With the N5, you can watch RF on you moniter. When they launch HD broadcast on all channels next year, I'll be ready!!! All for under 1000, thats a screaming deal for both supreme video and audio.

Thanks for the nice pic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back