Audigy Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

cogenmaster

If you have a Soyo Dragon Mobo and plan on upgrading to a Audigy you would be well advised to place the card in slot 4 or 5.
When I intially installed the card in my system I placed it in slot 2 booted up and started the drivers installation. Got to 95% and wham big time crash, even got the blue screen dumping physical memory. Powered down the system turned back on to the lovely suprise of corrupted CDRom system drivers and 1 other thing but don't remember what that was. Well to make a long story short I did a search on google, and found that the dragon will not work with Audigy except in slot 4 and 5. Well not all dragons but from what I read enough that I figured I pre warn anyone that I can.

Enjoy

Audigy

If I remember correctly the post on google said that it had something to do with the way Soyo did their PCI bus mastering on the dragon mobo's and that creative did not totally stick to the PCI 2.0 compliance. Since that information was a little over my head I did not research it further, just tried slot 5 and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back