Inspire 5300 or Logitech Z-640

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning to get new speakers for my Audigy 2 sound cards. I have a small room, so I don't need the theater style sounds, just good enough for games and movies. I have a strict budget of $80, and was wondering which of these two would be good

Creative Labs Inspire 5.1 5300
Logitech Z-640 5.1

are there any other 5.1 or decent 4.1 systems within price ranges. if so please suggest them.

neither of those are going to do the Audigy2 justice. You'll need to go for a high end set of speakers to get the most of that soundcard.

If you didn't need super quality sound, you should have just gotten a Live! or Audigy soundcard.

Well, I have the cheapo Logitech 2.1 version of the speakers you listed... They sound fairly good for only 30 bucks. Moreover, I demoed the Z-640's at Fry's and the sound was great (better than I would ever need), but I suppose they aren't the best speakers ever.

I've never been a big fan of Creative Labs Inspire series.. I haven't heard the 5300 though.

extremetech.com gave the 5300s a higher rating than the logitechs

at best buy the 5300s cost 80 and logitechs cost 100

No, not really but generally speakers are one thing where it pays to not be cheap. Speakers don't go off after a few months like Graphics card do :)

I guess $200 or so is where you'd want to be at to get something worthwhile.

I think you would be probably better off choosing the speakers yourself, like having an audition of the two speakers at your local store by playing your favourite cd tracks to compare. Sound is a subjective issue, different people have different opinions.

i have soem logitech 540's, which is a 4.1 system, and they sound great, IMHO, they fill my room nicely and has deep bass.
does a 5.1 system really have that much to offer over 4.1? I, jus want to know if im missing out :rolleyes:

i dont think you are really missing much, to me the sound that comes from the central speaker isnt really needed I would rather have a central speaker behind me and not at front.

5.1 speaker setups are excellent, especially for EAX supported games. The #1 thing I would like, had I 5.1 speakers, is how all the talking (from a person right in front of the camera) comes out of the center speaker, something 4.1's can't begin to replicate.

I would reccomend the Logitech Z-640's. Logitech has struck gold with it's new Z line of speakers, and is definitely better than Creative, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back