Woot! I am now a Colonel hehe

Congratulations with your new rank!

And with this new rank, comes new responsibility...

So take this suit to get dry cleaned. And when you get back, you can start polishin my boots! I want them to shine so much I'll have to wear sunglasses....

;) :D

Hey! I said *IM* going to start barking orders! NOT YOU! punk!

oh wait... *looks at your insignia* .. oops *wipes the sweat off his brow* uhhhhh YES SIR! RIGHT AWAY SIR!

lol.....

that brings back bad memories. I was in the Marines .. eek.

Congratulations Acid. I was excited to get my own avitar. It's all downhill from here!

Shut up and give me fifty, colonel.

You've still gotta a long way to go. ;)

lol Rick :p ya ya I was just being a goofwad. had nothing better to do at the time and noticed the new "Colonel" lol.

Originally posted by acidosmosis
Hey! I said *IM* going to start barking orders! NOT YOU! punk!

oh wait... *looks at your insignia* .. oops *wipes the sweat off his brow* uhhhhh YES SIR! RIGHT AWAY SIR!

lol.....

that brings back bad memories. I was in the Marines .. eek.

ROTFL!!! :D

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi
Congratulations with your new rank!

And with this new rank, comes new responsibility...

So take this suit to get dry cleaned. And when you get back, you can start polishin my boots! I want them to shine so much I'll have to wear sunglasses....

;) :D

Yeah, exactly acidosmosis - big friggin deal.

I have nearly 5000 posts, and I am also Lord Phantazmm the Dark, a devoted follower of the dark side and a sith lord. Take me on at your peril you young ruffian....

;)

I honestly don't see what the big deal is; you have gone up a rank - congratulations! I don't mean to sound like a complaining old (young in this case) man, but if you didn't post so many "lol" and personal view posts, maybe you wouldn't be a Colonel right now. I am disturbed to see how some people are in a post race and think that respect comes with your post count, maybe getting rid of them would be a good idea, it would also stop others (not just you) from posting irrelevant and useless things.

$0.02

EDIT: I understand when it is in moderation and in the General Discussion boards, but this isn't the case; it is all over the boards.

This is a copy of a PM I sent to you yesterday which apparently hasn't been read yet:

acid, I have no authority whatsoever, but I would really like it if you would stop posting irrelevant things such as "lol". I have nothing against you, I have nothing against anyone; but it really does not help me much when I surf the board and have to shovel through worthless posts. You are not the only one, but you do a few every now and then - 56ker here!

You just got so called "promoted" to colonel recently, would you not be more proud of this if a larger percent of your posts were helpful and contained facts within them? Don't get me wrong, a lot of your posts are helpful to others, but you post one every so often that serves no purpose. It is okay when they are in the meeting spot and are in moderation, but recently I have noticed more and more coming from you. I am beginning to think you are racing for a large post count, which I think is pointless as nobody around here judges by that as it has been discussed several times on the boards and in the IRC channel.

Thanks a bunch acidosmosis, sorry to sound like I was biting your head off here, it was not my intention!

To be honest, the more I learn about computers, the more I realise just how little I do know.

There are 2 main reasons why I hang around this site

1)Its like mental exercise - solving small user level problems is like the system support version of lifting small weights at home to keep your figure good, and

2)I still learn something new everyday. Even although I have more posts than anyone, there's still so much I realise that I don't know and even some kid can come on here and tell me something really useful I didn't already know.

I've bragged in the past about my post count, but to be honest you will only really get a big number like mine or Arris's, Ricks, etc if you keep posting quality information here.

People respect quality much more over quantity. I would respect a person more who only posted here occasionally, but when they did it was something worthwhile, useful and constructive that they said.

I agree with you completely Phant. I would happily trade everything I know for 10% of what I don't know, and if I did, I would be the smartest man alive! I stick around here mainly because I like to try and help others' with their problems and at the same time learn something new so I know what to do if I ever get in the same situation. If anyone thinks that I post things that are useless and/or irrelevant, I would like it if they told me, as I don't want to continue posting not knowing that people find my posts useless (note that this has nothing to do with acidosmosis). These boards would be a lot more helpful to others if the idle chit chat was kept in its place, being the general discussion boards.

Another note: However useless you just found my post, it is in a general discussion forum and should be expected. Although I will ask again, that if anyone has any problems with me, to not hesitate and tell me as annoying other people is the last thing on my mind. Thanks for your time ;) !

hmmmm ...

a lot of smart things here again :)

I mainly stay here because it's a very cool place where we learn a lot, have the most important tech news on the web, and there are a bunch of very cool guys hanging around !!!

oh and btw tim, i just would like to congratulate you about evolving so much lately and beginning to taking things more and more maturely (like the NV cheating thing for example hehehhe) .

Go on like this and maybe one day you will be offered the possibility to polish Lord Phantasmm's helmet or something :D

See you around guys :)

Oh a last thing, I was really waiting to get my 160th post, but only to be able to put my own avatar and not choose between available ones :) I was not posting some crap just to get it though.

Too bad the max avatar size is so small :(

Dude. I am not going to to respond to your PM. Like I said, I am just joking around. I could care less about how many posts I have. I was just taking advantage of the fact that this website uses military insignia as a reason to joke around. There is no harm in that, nor is there no harm in my THREE friggin posts that I've made out of 400+ that were just "lol" posts. The rest have been to help people. I make more of an effort to help out around here than a lot of people so dont get on my case about how much I goof around. That is just my personality, I am a goofwad. My older brother used to call me "goofy the warrior".... where the got that from.. I have no idea lol. I've always been the guy that tried to create comic relief in the atmosphere whether or not I was successful or just looked like an ***** trying, thats just always been my personality.

I understand you concern, but Tim you may be taking things a little too seriously. If something I post causing anything to "get out of hand" it would be the last time I did it.

I'm here to learn just like everyone else, but to learn I have to also help out because if no one helped out then I would come here and there would be no answers to anyones questions, just hundreds of unanswered questions, so I do my part. Don't ask anything more than that of me because I can't give it to you. I'm a very very experienced computer user and very very gifted at what I do. If I don't know something I'll learn it damn quick, and damn easily. That's just how I am. Computers are one of my gifts.

Don't be hatin'.

Bling bling bling!

Originally posted by Phantasm66
To be honest, the more I learn about computers, the more I realise just how little I do know.

I have more posts than anyone, there's still so much I realise that I don't know and even some kid can come on here and tell me something really useful I didn't already know.

I'm a very very experienced computer user and very very gifted at what I do. If I don't know something I'll learn it damn quick, and damn easily. That's just how I am. Computers are one of my gifts.

I'm a very very experienced computer user and very very gifted at what I do. If I don't know something I'll learn it damn quick, and damn easily. That's just how I am. Computers are one of my gifts.
You speak of yourself very highly, I also noticed a lot of "I"s and "ME"s in your post. I think you should pay some attention to the views of other members here at TechSpot. With an attitude like that, I don't think you will gain neither respect nor admiration from people here, and certainly not from me. From this point on, I will try to avoid your posts as not to get myself worked up about something that is not worth it. I did not mean to start an argument about this, I solely want for there to be more good posts and less useless ones.

hehe

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................take a chill pill...........some people take themselves AND life too seriously.............we all have a one way ticket.......and, we won't be throwin'our checkbook in our casket when we leave...............learn this.....you have to give to receive.......so stay cool under fire..........and your aim will be true..............hehehehehhahahahahahabbbwwwwwwahahaha...............

JSR, you really have no room to talk. With posts like yours, you are on the way to a one way ticket ban. If you want to help then help with the knowledge that you have. We all know something that others don't because no one knows everything. We have something to learn from everyone. So help out when you can, and if you can't make a worthwhile comment then keep it to yourself.

I've got no problems with people making daft posts, just so long as it isn't in a post that concerns a serious topic. Lighten up people, I guess we all learned something from all this discussion, which is good. :)

PS: That's me another increment closer to becoming a General. :D

LOL ...

PS: I don't use nearly enough LOL's, so there's another one. :D

Oh, and I think I'll start another thread to get my post count up, see you all soon.

Back