Which Tech Sites Do You Visit

tkteo

I am interested in knowing which 3 (or more?) tech-related sites you visit most regularly. For me, it's

Techspot
Anandtech
CNET

Used to visit Tom's and SharkyExtreme years ago, but not anymore. I still visit Tweak3D occasionally, but that's about it. By the way I am not counting clicking on links to other sites when I read news of interest to me on Techspot or Anandtech.

Looking forward to your replies.

only TS

any really important news are posted by our good fellows Julio, Thomas, Phant and so on, so it's enough to check TS to be in the move ;)

Techspot, Ars, Anand, Sharky, Tom's, VE3D, 2CPU

Those are my daily visited sites. There are others, but I don't visit them everyday.

LNCPapa

TechSpot, TechSpot and TechSpot..

After that comes The Register and Beyond 3D..
Sometimes I visit Rage3D, though mostly to find answers to questions on TechSpot... (And find out when the new Catalysts are released)

Techspot is has been my home page for 2 years.... If i go any where else its probably Toms hardware, Rage3d, and NforcersHQ...
Sometimes I visit Rage3D, though mostly to find answers to questions on TechSpot
AMEN Brotha... I really cant stand to read threw the forums there, you cant find any useful information because its all flaming... I feel bad for the guys at ATI (Catalyst Maker) that has to read some of those posts! Thank God this forum is moderated by mature people!

95% of the time I just browse TechSpot.

In the past I had browsed Rade3D some also, but due to lack of knowledge of the members there and the maturity levels of those members, and abundance of pointless posts I stopped.

I find www.anandtech.com has a lot of useful articles so I browse there some, although at the moment I don't participate in the forums or read the forums.

Hehehe.. I sometimes read Rage3d or nVnews for a laugh, due to the trolls running rampant...

What is the strangest to me is that some of the trolls actually got quite good knowledge about things, but can't seem to grasp that others do not...

But it's a nice place to find answers about ATI cards, and to see what Catalyst Maker & Co says...

But you got other ATI staff visiting B3D, so it's getting rarer and rarer for me to visit R3D....

Techspot
Tech Extreme
The Register
CNET
Mostly just techspot and Tech Extreme. Tech Extreme tends to lean toward stuff that doesn't get mainstream mention for a year or so.

I go to about 20 a day but the most read are...

Guru3D, HardOCP, nForcers, Techspot.

sorry, that's 4 sites but I had a hard time narrowing it down to less than 5.

i'm closing in

on about a thousand sites, in favorites, of which, maybe half of them are tech related.........and, maybe 10% of that visited on a regular basis...............but, only one forum do i annoy, techspot

IMHO, xbit used to be a much nicer/objectivewebsite when looking for news months ago, unfortunately I have noticed they have started to report a lot of trash (creating rumours themselves, completely unfounded 'news') for the extra exposure & traffic... pretty low.

Crybabytek, Google, Microsoft Tech, and where else? Hmm, now let me see...what is the name of that super tech site where all the really smart, erudite, congenial, warm and fuzzy people go?

Hmmm. Thinking. Hmmm.

Ah so. Eureka! Got it!

TECH SPOT!

After you've been to the best, why selttle for less? :)

Originally posted by Crybabytek
Crybabytek, Google, Microsoft Tech, and where else? Hmm, now let me see...what is the name of that super tech site where all the really smart, erudite, congenial, warm and fuzzy people go?

Hmmm. Thinking. Hmmm.

Ah so. Eureka! Got it!

TECH SPOT!

After you've been to the best, why selttle for less? :)

Hehe... flattery will get you.......... somewhere ;)

Originally posted by TS | Julio
IMHO, xbit used to be a much nicer/objectivewebsite when looking for news months ago, unfortunately I have noticed they have started to report a lot of trash (creating rumours themselves, completely unfounded 'news') for the extra exposure & traffic... pretty low.
I regularly visit xbit, and its still a very good tech site, one of the best. It is true that they do report a lot of rumours, but in fairness, they do make it pretty clear when thats the case, and many real stories do start off as rumours. They also do some of the best technical reviews on the web, very thorough and completely free from any bias. Well worth a daily visit.

Other sites I view daily are ...

X-Bit Labs (as already mentioned)
TomsHardware
FiringSquad
TechSpot (for the forums as there aren't many reviews here)
Got Apex? (for the links to other web reviews)
TheRegister
TheInquirer
AnandTech

Those are the main ones, and I usually follow links to others.

TS | Julio: I like the new look for the forums. Nicely done, and very tastefull.

Back