Nother A7N8X Deluxe Prob =*(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure all the power connectors are connected properly.

What about your CPU? How's the fan? Is it operating? Is it fast enough? Did you use a Thermal Compound?

After doing so, and still no luck, I would try taking out a stick of RAM and try booting a few times. Then try it with the other stick. Still no luck... put em both back in.

Refer to the motherboard manual and reset the CMOS. It's basically a little jumper pin that you move (when the computer is off) a pin over for 10 seconds and return it to the original position and then wallah, your BIOS is reset and you should be able to boot, from there on, configure your BIOS for your needs.

We also have a new thread especially for the A7N8X [Deluxe], here.

Good luck. :grinthumb

Disconnect anything you can mate...

try just getting the minimals to work to start off with, and add peripherals again once you've got something thats working.

Sounds like too much voltage is being pulled at the start to me.

Originally posted by Greeno
Sounds like too much voltage is being pulled at the start to me.
I think you mean current(amps) not voltage. This could be a possible cause, if the PSU doesn't supply enough current on the +12v rail

A barebones boot as you mentioned might help in finding out if this is the case or not. It could also be several other things... could be an improperly connected fan header causing COP protection to preven booting

Originally posted by StormBringer
I think you mean current(amps) not voltage. This could be a possible cause, if the PSU doesn't supply enough current on the +12v rail

A barebones boot as you mentioned might help in finding out if this is the case or not. It could also be several other things... could be an improperly connected fan header causing COP protection to preven booting

Ta.

:)

Sudden power down because of overtemp

Hi there,

I finally found (in my case) the cause of my cpu shutting down when running heavy apps. It seemed the cpu was overheating (around 70 degrees), and this caused the shutdown.

When removing the cooling fan, I found out that the shop that installed the cpu and cooler for me did NOT remove the barcode sticker from the cpu. This overlapped for about 0.5 mm with the cpu die, causing bad thermal conduction to the heat sink. I pulled it of, put some thermal grease, and now I´m running at a neat 35 degrees Celcius !!! (idle)

Maybe a hint for some people having the same trouble, check if the sticker does not touch your cpu die.

Ciao

can someone help me?
i am having problems with setting up my home network.
unfortunately i installed 3com after windows xpp, either that or my hub is faulty
i reposted to where i probably should have posted the network section rather than cpu, chipset, and mobos > here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back