Who wants to go to Mars with me?

erwin1978

The day will come...

I wonder what the world will be like when the question: are we alone in the universe?, is finally answered. For sure, it will be a day to remember and it will be great. I'm praying that it will happen in my lifetime. Even if it doesn't, if I had a million dollars, I would willingly offer myself to NASA to be the first person to go to Mars knowing full well that I might not even survive it. Just the idea of being on an alien planet is more rewarding to me than any sum of money in the world.

I'm very fascinated with astronomy and the fact that the universe is so expansive and yet we can't travel it makes me wonder if it's even possible at all with the limited resources that we posses. Is it even worth trying? Perhaps, it was meant for aliens to visit us and they will give us the resources to travel the universe.

Physics offers solutions as to how we can break the speed of light by travelling through worm holes, bending space and time, or crossing to parallel universe by merely changing the frequencies of ours. These all seem logical and doable but even physicists admit there isn't enough energies on earth that can produce these kinds of phenomenas.

The day will come when our mundane lives will all of a sudden seem pointless. People would stop going to their jobs (I know I would) as alien spaceships hover above the skies just like the movie: Indepence Day.

Every day and night I look up at the sky, just by chance I may see the first spaceship.

Someone is trying to win the contest.

(Coughs)

Or does he normally post these weird topics all the time?

Originally posted by XYZ359
Someone is trying to win the contest.

(Coughs)

Or does he normally post these weird topics all the time?

No he is new and quite....uhh.....odd, to say the least. ;)

Present day technology is so lame. One of these days im gonna build a time-machine, goto the future and live on a starship :) Living on Mars would be so cool.

...Dont mind me, i'm quite crazy :p

Perhaps you're content with your life and die so without even knowing what else if anything is out there. Not me.

I didn't say that. Don't put words in my mouth.

I said you needed help. You do. I am not necessarily disagreeing with what you are saying.....

every post i have read from erwin is a little weird and makes me think either he is just completely off the wall or he is trying to win the contest.... this is just my input though

Originally posted by cabrone
every post i have read from erwin is a little weird and makes me think either he is just completely off the wall or he is trying to win the contest.... this is just my input though

That's what I thought when I read the post.
But, boeingfixer told me he was off the wall and does this.
I really don't know.

(I really think he is trying to win the contest. He thinks "quality" is the length of the post and if it makes sense. But, remember, going to Mars has nothing to do with current gaming and hardware discussion.)

Farewell.

:grinthumb

Originally posted by cabrone

And whats wrong with either? Or both.... ;)
Personally I don't imagine mars being a very exciting place to visit. Maybe viewing it from space would be nice rather than just seeing previous images and footage of it. But its just looks like a desert. I'd rather go somewhere with indigenous life... (or at least a pub or two :D )

Just an example of diversity in an international, public forum. I don't mind reading about space travelling, PC hardware & software, Ms. Spears' acting, what kind of music people listen to, how to overclock a PDA &c.

i think you guys're being a bit too hard on the guy. i don't see anything wrong in his post. and it's not violaing the TOS or anything, is he? though this thread may be wierd, but a wierd thread could lead to some interesting discussions...
from the old forums:
if i had a time machine...
One OS to rule them all

if only people would imagine along with him and see what it'll lead you to (like ScarletHippo and Arris)...
or maybe it's because we're in the middle of a contest, everyone's so designated (did i use the right word? :p ) to make quality posts...

Like I said, I don't have anything against posts like these. Actually, I want to get out of this planet. Well, out of this country, for a start.

Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli
Like I said, I don't have anything against posts like these. Actually, I want to get out of this planet. Well, out of this country, for a start.
uh.. i think we started typing those posts at the same time, but you finished and posted first :)

anyway, i do think there's some kind of life form out there (whether it be intelligent or not).
i always hear scientists reports stating things like "there's no water and oxygen there. so there can't possibly be any life forms". duh! i mean, so what! we're talking about "aliens" here. they're not human! they don't have to have eyes, a mouth or a nose. it could even be a 10 ft tall amoeba with no nucleus that absorbs (eats) dirt through its skin and breaths corbondioxide... or maybe carbonmonoxide! :D
but hey, they are scientists, men of science... they need evidence in everything :p
anyway, i wouldn't want to live on a spaceship that much. it sounds too bizzarre for me. eating food tablets? NEVER! i like walking around on good ol' earth. just the fact that later on, we might be studying through cameras and the internet freaks me out. i don't really think the students'll get the same old feeling as sitting around in the classroom full of friends... oh, and a teacher ;)

Originally posted by Phantasm66:
You will be assimilated! Resistence is futile!
223-3.jpg

:haha:

Seems like a perfectly valid question to me.

We may find in the near future that Mars played a much larger role in our collective past than we have been indoctrinated to believe. The quest for information and travel beyond what is current accepted as 'normal' has typically resulted in an acerbic response from those who have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo.

Our future as a species may very well hinge in transferring a portion of our population to other viable locations.

Any atheist in the house? What do you think about the beginning of the universe and how it all started? I think any atheist can be converted if they ponder the question: how did the universe started.

I was raised a Catholic and after Highschool I decided not to strictly follow a certain religion. I believe there is a god but not necessarily the god that the world's different religions preaches. I think it's a safe bet to believe in a unnamed god, at the same time not alienate any god. Who's to say which religion is the true religion of the ultimate god.

Perhaps the universe is beyond our human intelligence and comprehension but it's hard to imagine a universe without a beginning, a creator. If you're familiar with the idea of the BIG Bang you have to ask yourself who/what started it, and if there is a god, who created this god; did he/she had a superior and so on. The concept that space was completely empty and the big bang simply occured at a single point and started a revolution is unacceptable to me.

Originally posted by erwin1978
Any atheist in the house? What do you think about the beginning of the universe and how it all started? I think any atheist can be converted if they ponder the question: how did the universe started.

I am an atheist and I have my own particular ideas about how the universe was created.......

Any atheist in the house?
Indeed I am an atheist also.

I'm in 8th grade about to move into 9th and it is torture for me.
I'm not going to get into it all.

Also, I have alot of logical sense on how "God" was created and such.
What happened during the times, who wrote the bible, etc. (I'm not saying I know it all, just what I think)
I might write a document about that but I just don't have the time.

I will go to Mars with you.....

Let's rock and roll....

like to dream
Yes, yes right between the sound machine
On a cloud of sight I drift in the night
Any place it goes is right
Goes far, flies near, to the stars away from here

Well, you don't know what we could find
Why don't you come with me little girl on a magic carpet ride?
Well you don't know what we could see
Why don't you tell your dreams to me?, fantasy will set you free.

Last night I held Aladdin's lamp, so I wished that I could stay.
Before the thing could answer me well someone took, the lamp away
I looked around a lousy candle was all I found.

Close your eyes girl, look inside girl, let the Sound take you away.

Fair dos, even Thomas Edison was a drunk and an *****.... as am I.

I forgive you....

What do you think about the beginning of the universe and how it all started?
I have made the headings in bold, and the headings with times in them red

Originally posted by SNGX1275 in the OLD FORUM
History of Universe:
1. Initially-Minkowski Space -pre big bang
Mass = 0
Temp = 0k
Volume = 0 *Laws of Physics do not apply*
2. Big Bang - Universe Created
-First appearence of Expanding Energy -something higher energy than plasma
3.1 Second into Existance
- 1st appearence of mass
- Exponential Expansion Phase
- Broken Symmetry (slight variations in texture)
- Hotter and "cooler" regions begin to form
- 1st Heterogeneties
4. Partical Creation Phase
- 1st particles - antiparticles created
- Expanding Sphere continues
5. Partical Production Ceases - subatomic particles
- Particles and antiparticles mutually anialate each other
- Attraction due to electormagnetic properties
6. 14 seconds after Big Bang
- Subatomic particles begin to organize into protons & neutrons
- Then organize into the nuclei of H and He
- 80% Hydrogen 20% Helium
- Temperature = 3 Billion K
- H & He concentrated in Hotter Regions
7. Time = 300,000 Years
- Temperature 3000K
- Temperature is cool enough for electorns to attract to H and He nucleui - atoms formed
- "Proto"star formation in hot dense regions
8. Time 1 Billion years
- Accumulation of enough H-He to allow 1st stars to ignite
- Proto galaxies begin to form - corresponding vacuum of space

Thats the history of the universe for you. Kind of placed it in this post for fun. I'm bored and been drinking a bit yet its too early to go out just yet.

In case you are interested into where formation of earth comes into play I'll help you out. All you high school students take note maybe you can use this in one of the science classes you take

Estimates range for universe age most being between 13-20 billion years. Based on the "Red Shift" (Hubble I think discovered this). And by Cephid Stars (they pulse at a high rate and somehow they determine this I could explain the best I can but it would take too much time).

Our Solar system can be very precisely be estimated to be 4.6 billion years old. Oldest dated earth rock - 4.2 Billion. Now time for earth history:
1. At least 1 supernova explosion before matter in Earth can be formed (remember H and He were the only elements that existed at formation of universe... We have more than H and He right?)
2. Planetesimals form in our solar system (masses of matter)
3. Heavy elements settle to inside of planets (now I'm just goign to do earth now).
4. After 100,000 years our sun enters a T-Tauri stage where it expels 25% of its mass in a proton/electron plasma.
5. This explosion blows a good portion of the gases from the inner planets out to the gaseous planets.
6. Fairly long planetary accretion process of how elemental seggregation happened (that I will not get into-Smith and Ringwood models if you care to look them up)
7. Then sometime in accretion process when earth is still molten a big meteor hits it and displaces some of the matter, making up the moon. Trust me this is a logical model - I could provide you with elemental percentages of matter in earth and moon and compare it to smith and ringwood models and it would make sense.

Well I think this is my longest post ever by about 4 fold. Hopefully the people that cared enough to read this learned some. I find it pretty interesting.

If you are curious as to how I know this stuff, well I learned it from about the 3rd and 4th lectures in Geochemistry at my school. (I'm a geology major).

Note: I'm not trying to do anything religious/antireligious here. Just posting an explanation that makes a bit of sense to me.

Maybe if I look through my notes some I can post how all the elements that the Earth has were formed. If you read my last post you will notice that I only accounted for hydrogen and helium. We all know there are more elements than that now.

oh no... astrology... yeah, it's interesting alright, but i just have the feeling it's so far off that we can't possibly learn of the truth yet... not even in my life time... it's like people are making things up with theories and calculations (no offence, anyone)...
somewhere out there... sometime in the past... there was this...
AAAAHHH!!!

Originally posted by Ai Hate
oh no... astrology...
I wasn't really trying to convince people anything - and I sure didn't mean it as an astrology lesson, I didn't learn it in an astrology class. I might post back with just a little more information on formation of elements. I'd like to just cause I find the subject interesting - many may not espically if everyone here only focuses their life on computers. Many times I feel as an outsider here because I feel like I'm the only one here that doesn't have or want a career based on computers. I guess if everyone here would see it as a wasted post I won't do it. But generally anythign not computer related I kind of like reading on here. Sometimes computers do get boring you know.... [size=1]maybe you don't[/size]

Back