Programming Forum/Sub-Forum?

T

tifc8lraz

Just a suggestion ;)

I know that many of the users at this forum do have some knowledge of either computer programming, or web programming....so I thought that it might be a good idea to set up a sub-forum and/or forum for this so that we can exchange coding, ask questions, show tutorials (I have made some on PHP), etc.

I say sub-forum since it would take a while to fill up a normal forum...and it it were to become big enough, then you could make it a full forum :p .

We tried it a few years ago (?) with limited success but who knows... a sub-forum within the Software & Utilities forum might not be a bad idea at all.

Ok :)

I've only been here for 2 years, so I wasn't around for the first time around ^_^

As I pointed out last time around, there's such a large set of languages and environments
(including a matrix for OS, platforms, client/server, + web programming)
that it would require several levels of subforums just to local the correct subject area.
An example of the problem can be seen in Newsgroups comp.* -- several hundred exist.

As a programmer, this is interesting, but the great part of T.S. is the site is
well focused and well supported for PC/Windows -- heck, even Mac OS X and Linux forums are limited in participation.
(imo) It's better to do well in a specific area than to be so broad as to be a marshmellow of little value.

Count me in too... I'll always be a programmer, you never loose that skill as that's how I got into this stuff way, way, way back.. Okay COBOL IBM Keypunch cards.. ! :)

I've asked this same question some time ago. I am a programmer as well and would like to see such forums on TS.

Either way it plays out, I'll enjoy this site!

Happy coding everyone!

Thanks for all of your opinions :)

Java and Visual Basic next year in Computer Science class :D

Back