ISO Startup Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteriskandar09

I am currently running Vista Ultimate and after the log in page explorer doesnt run. My doucments appears and i have to run the explorer manually off Task Manager. Does any have advice on how to get explorer run again?

i'm not quite sure of the scenario you describe.

When you say after logon "explorer doesn't run" and have to start it from Task Manager.
1. How do you try running it that it doesn't run.. don't follow
2. you start explorer from Task Manager? You mean you enter the file name to run it from Task Manager? please clarify

Two things

I believe your problem is a entry in your registry (easy to confirm)

But that leads to other questions like did it used to work? when did it change?

I ask as the registry issue has to do with the Windows registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Shell

which might get changed by a new program install. but sometimes also the sign of a virus

Are you familiar with the registry editor?

This sounds like a registry error or virus.....

Have you tried locating where explorer.exe is in the directory and creating a shortcut to the 'startup' folder? I use XP so it might be different in VISTA. Anyway, that's what I usually do to have programs I want launch when i turn on my computer. Also check msconfig (if theres on in VISTA) and see if you can enable it from there (if exists.)

well, if you look at the key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

you should see an entry: Shell REG_SZ Explorer.exe

i'm guessing you'll find something else

yah i was expcting it was a registry error but this happened after i download something aka torrents lemme try registory editor and see what goes from there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back