Graphic adapter help DirectX 9.0c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I recently bought the sims 2 and in order for it to work you need to have DirectX 9.0c, so i downloaded it but its still not working and keeps on saying that i need to check that i have compatible graphic adapters and the correct drivers. How do i know which graphic adapters are correct for me? and the correct drivers?...

Did you even bother to read the readme.txt file on the CD?
[Hint: Use the latest drivers with your card]

Alternatively you can visit this page ...

http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
-------------------
* 800 MHz processor
* 256 MB RAM
* Windows(R) XP, Windows ME, Windows 98 or Windows 2000 Operating System.
* At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space
* A T&L-capable video card with at least 32 MB of video RAM.

Supported video cards:

ATI Radeon(TM) series (7000 or better)
VE series (see note below)
7000, 7200, 7500
8500, All-In-Wonder 8500
9000, 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800
X300, X600, X800

NVIDIA(R) Quadro(TM) series
Quadro, Quadro2, Quadro4

NVIDIA GeForce series (GeForce2 and better)
GeForce 2
GeForce 3, 3 Ti
GeForce 4, 4 Ti, MX 420, 440
GeForce FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, 5950
GeForce 6600, 6800

Intel(R) Extreme Graphics (see note below)
82845, 82865, 82915

NOTE: If you have a non-T&L capable video card, such as Intel Extreme Graphics or Radeon VE series, then you need at least a 2.0 GHz processor.

To find out which graphics adapter you have, please perform the following:
1. Click the start menu
2. Click run
3. Type dxdiag, and click Ok
4. From the Display tab, you should be able to locate the name of the adapter

If you have an ATI card, proceed to:
http://www.ati.com/

If you have a nVidia card, proceed to:
http://www.nvidia.com/

If it lists another manufacturer, please provide this information for further assistance. You may also wish to contact the support for SIMS2 at the link below, but we are always willing to help out.

http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?&p_prod_lvl1=429

Bug

video card

I'm trying to play Sims 2 don't have the correct graphic adapter.

My Computer: IMB thinkpad 26472TG
Graphic adaptor: S3 Graphics SuperSavage/IXC IBM
Total memory 16MB

I went to a computer store and asked for any one of the supported video cards, but they said you don't get external video cards for laptops and there is nothing I can do other than buying a new computer.

Is this correct? Please help.

Welcome to TechSpot Forums

You could try these drivers (if you have Win2k/XP), but still the chip has too little video memory (Sims 2 requirements say 32 MB, although it might work with less) and it's probably too slow for it to be playable.

Epinions review of the laptop
Offering an IBM customized 16MB 3D Supersavage video subsystem IBM obviously doesn't target mobile gamers as potential customers. The only significant shortcoming with this machine is that it has compatibility problems with many 3D games. IBM has tweaked the S3 Super Savage IXC video subsystem that renders it incompatible with many Direct-X 8 and 9 reliant games even though it ostensibly satisfies the hardware requirements. What I would have liked to see here was a upgradable/replaceable video subsystem that could accommodate either an nVidea GeForce Mobile or ATI Radeon-Mobile chipset in 32MB or 64MB formats.

Even with the latest Direct-X some games that install OK but crash as soon as the 3D engine loads include: NeverWinter nights, Dungeon Siege, Tribes 2, Castle Wolfenstein 3D, Ultima Online 3D, the EA Games Sports series such as NHL 2003 Unreal Tournament 2003 (though you can run it in server dedicated mode).

Some games that do work: Age Of Empires, Age of Mythology, Warcraft 3, Fallout Tactics, Ultima Online 2D, Half Life.

You sure you will be able to get Sims 2 running on that setup? It will be rough at best:

Supported video cards (and the more video memory the better):

ATI RadeonTM series (7000 or better)
Radeon 7000/VE series (non-T&L; requires 2.0 GHz processor)
7200, 7500
8500, All-In-Wonder 8500
9000, 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800
X300, X600, X800

Nvidia® QuadroTM series
Quadro, Quadro2, Quadro4

Nvidia® Geforce series (GeForce2 and better)
GeForce2
GeForce3, 3 Ti
GeForce4, 4Ti, MX 420, 440
GeForce FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, 5950
GeForce 6600, 6800

Intel® Extreme Graphics (non-T&L; requires 2.0 GHz processor)
82845, 82865, 82915

Originally posted by VrguitarZw
I have an SiS so that wont work??
Me too, my niece bought Sims2 and the graphics card won't work. I don't know her pc well but it is an emachine with a Sis 650 Rev00 graphics card using the sisgrv.dll driver version 6.13.10.2050. If anyone can point me to a driver for it that supports DirectX 9.0 to get it to work she (and I) will be very grateful.

sims 2

Hello , i was wondering if any of you who had promblems with the sims2 card chip thinging, were eventually able to get your game to work and how?

same type of problem w/sims2. running xp pro on a vaio notebook, ati 7500 dll ver 6.13.10.6006 - frezzes after start, unbootable error indicates video device driver failed. my vaio model pcg-grx500p does not appear on Sony support web site so unable to find correct video driver. ati sends me to the sony web site, sony not replying :)<)

I need help too...I have a Intel (R) graphics controller...how can I tell if it's a non T&L? It doesnt say anything about T&L so I dunno if anyone could help me ASAP I would appricate it...message me on AIM weightloss10121 thanks a bunch...hurry I want to play my SIMS2 thanks.

The Sims2 Adater Thing

silent1903 said:
I found the correct driver from this website, thanks very much for that. Installed the driver for the Sis video card. works fine now, maybe a touch jerky in places but haven't seen how it is supposed to run.
I am very popular in the house now!

I dont get this at all. Can someone tell me by Aol Instant Messanging me at SlpKnT24D Thanks. Also do you have to buy anything? I dont think you do.... anyway thANKS.

Confused

:confused:

The computer I usually use is to slow for Sims 2. So my brother let me use his computer. It worked fine till yesteray when it said that graphics thing. I don't know much about computers and if I mess up my brother's I am doomed. Do you know what is wrong for it to just change like that?

Oh yea, my brothers computer is running on xp

Sims 2

I recently brought the Sims 2 and installed to the computer. But the game run very slow and it takes long time. I have the graphic card and other things.
And my pc is window xp. I ask my sister why the game run so slow? She say is the memory problem and the pc memory is 96MB RAM.

i got sims 2 today for christmas and it keeps saying "failed to find any directx 9.0c compatibale graphics adapters in this system" and ive been clicking these links people have been saying to download stuff from and hres my info

name: sis 650_651_740
manufacturer: sis
chip type: sis 651 rev 00

main driver: sisgrv. dll

can someone please email me atemail removed

and pllllllease help me figure this out :D

Please help!

Guys,
my girlfriend brought sims 2 the other day.i installed it all but it then says Directx has problems.I tried to install it off the 1st disc but still no joy.
She doesnt have the internet so what should i do cause i cant download any upgrades.i cant even download it to a floppy cause there isnt enough space.
please if anyone could help i would really appriciate it.

Problems Problems

Gee i too have problems with sims 2. I guess it doesnt work because i have the stupid, Intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller. Because i have downloaded the DirectX 9.0c and it says it has been downloaded but when i try to play sims 2 it says i dont have it downloaded and that i need all the other adapters.

I dont get it, I can play all other sims like Sims Deluxe and all the expansion packs and that calls for a DirectX 7.0 which i guess i have.

My pc is a hp pavilion 510n, 1.2Ghz, 256 Memory. My video card does have 32 MB.

Can someone help me please??? Do i need to buy a new graphics card? If so, how much are they usually?

Thanks

I just checked my system and this is what it says:

System Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 04
Processor: 1200MHz
Memory: 254MB RAM
Page file: 263MB Used; 361MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c

So i do have the directX. So why cant i flipping use sims 2??? Its my stupid Graphics card isnt it???

Thanks

sims 2 trouble

okay i dont know much about computers all i know is that every time i try to play the sims 2, a little dialog box pops up saying "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this computer! Please make sure you have the latest drivers provided by the manufactureer. The application will now terminate." my computer is a 2001 (microsoft) windows xp. i used the diagnostic tool thingamajig, and it says
--name: S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR
--Manufactureer: S3 Graphics, Inc.
--Chip Type: S3 P4M266
--DAC Type: S3 SDAC
--App. Total Mem.: 32.0 MB
--Current Display Model: 1024 x 768(16 bit) (75 Hz)
--Moniter: Plug and Play Moniter
Can somebody please help me? do i have to take my computer in and have someone put the graphics adapters onto it or can it be downloaded off of the internet? i really want to play the sims 2, but i cant without a graphics adapters; please help!

hElP

life willxgo on said:
i got sims 2 today for christmas and it keeps saying "failed to find any directx 9.0c compatibale graphics adapters in this system" and ive been clicking these links people have been saying to download stuff from and hres my info

name: sis 650_651_740
manufacturer: sis
chip type: sis 651 rev 00

main driver: sisgrv. dll

can someone please email me atemail removed

and pllllllease help me figure this out :D

I have the same problem and the same driver and all that..someone please help mee :)

looks like lots of people are having problems with the sims2.... mine is very weird...i have ProSavage8 2D/3D graphics~not supported for the game.i was able to play the sims2 wit only a slight problem cuz i have 224Mb RAm...slightly less than specified. i just brought the sims2 university..i got the directx 9 problem so i downloaded it...now i get a message comin up saying that it was unable to find any Directx 9 compatable graphic adapters..kinda weird or i woodnt have been able 2 run the sims2 in the first place!!![/B] :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back