Where can I get a free mmorpg maker from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coastymad

Okay it may sound stupid but I am interested in making an online mmorpg so if anybody out there knows of a free or a very cheap one please tell me.

Realm Crafter will be out soon. Should only cost around 55 dollars, and it will let you make your own MMORPG using simple drag and drop tools, and scripting.
If you'd like to chat about the upcoming release feel free to stop by

http://www.mmorpgmaker.com/

good luck with all your future projects.

I wasn't aware there were other 3d MMORPG Maker softwares out there, except some tools by Torque. If you know of any, please post em.

facecutter said:
yeah i know of loads of things to make a game contact me on facecutter@hotmail.com
you can get
Flash Mx
Dream Weaver
Fire Works

but u need training at collage/university i tried Flash MX but its very hard.

:hotbounce

MMORPG with Flash, Dreamweaver and Fireworks?

Sorry, but those have nothing do with with MMORPG or game design. You can create Flash games, yes, but that is an entirely different story.

acidosmosis said:
MMORPG with Flash, Dreamweaver and Fireworks?

Sorry, but those have nothing do with with MMORPG or game design. You can create Flash games, yes, but that is an entirely different story.

Sherwood is a sort of MMORPG (seems rather basic at the moment) that's made with shockwave. I suppose shockwave is sort of like flash? In any case, developers are pushing the envelope of what you can do with these tools. Here's the link for the shockwave MMORPG. It's not complete, IMO, but it's a start.

http://www.maidmarian.com/

Feel free to stop by MMORPG Maker to discuss general MMORPG design.

http://www.mmorpgmaker.com/

Question

Coastymad, what kind of MMORPG were you thinking of making? Cuz for a while I've been thinking of making one but I can't find a FREE MMORPG Creator/Maker. Have you already started? Have you given up? Are you still trying? Something else?

I have given up trying to find a maker/creator but I am now trying to design a text-based one using html, it's hard yes but you can design the basic layout using dreamweaver etc. Thanx.

Me too.....

Well I've given up on trying to find one to, although I have found quite a few but I'm not sure how to use them. Maybe you could make use of them.

-Konfuze
-Endless Opportunity See These Screenshots

If I find any more I could post them up.
Heres a list of some, I don't know if any of them are any good though.
--------------------------------------------------
Notify me if you get anything out of any of these if you don't well I don't really know. Also what type of MMORPG were you thinking of making? My guess would be one of the common Middle age ones (swords, horses, etc.....).
--------------------------------------------------
Oh and I didn't get that last part about "Dreamweaver" of your post, what do you mean?

i was thinking of doing a text-based one,that's why i am using dreamweaver, to do the basic layout but i am not sure how to set passwords or how to save users settings. thanks.

I know

I know that you meant a text-based one I ment like which time period it was going to be in, hehe. Well If I find a good free one should I let you know?

It is going to be based in the medieval period but with mystical beings (elves, goblins etc) if i do find a good free maker i will post it here for you and hopefully you will do the same for me. Thanks. Coastymad.

Hmmm

Ok i dont know how old the post is cuz i dident look but if you 2 are still wanting to create a game i could use some team members for the MMo im making as of now i checking into a program known as RC or Realm Crafter im looking over the free vershion and if it is good i do have the intent of buying it if you wana check it out here is the site http://www.realmcrafter.com if its not good ill be coding the game myself in C++ useing a clever mix of Open GL and Direct Draw moduls for grafix ill be needing GMs (Mods), Mapers and loads of other people if anyone is intrested in joining my project please fill free to touch baces with me mufreek@gmail.com :hotbounce :knock:

I would also like to note that I am making a game known as Namuh:Earth Revisited. I will need some Coders with knowledge of C/C++ . The Genre is of course an MMORPG featuring characters from all different time periods(e.x. Ancient China, Pac10 Soldiers/Future Soldeirs, Dwarves, Elves, etc.) I need help with this, because as we have it right now it is a 3-man project and will take us much to long to make it. None of us have too much coding experience, and we really need your help. Please email me at gammarage@gmail.com if you are interested. Will have official website up soon. Also, this is a mainly volunteer coding project. You will get paid after the release of the game(We will be charging 3-5 dollars a month.)

Game Makers

Hey,

Have any of you ppl ever heard of Game Maker or 3D Adventure Studio (google it)

They both can make standard NON-Multiplayer games easily, but with code GML in Gamemaker (Gamemakers own scripting language) and C++ in 3D Adve....

There is 1 called FPS Creator which might be MMORPG combatiable!

Bye

facecutter said:
yeah i know of loads of things to make a game contact me on facecutter@hotmail.com
you can get
Flash Mx
Dream Weaver
Fire Works

but u need training at collage/university i tried Flash MX but its very hard.

:hotbounce

no you dont im abaout to be a freshman and i can use flash mx just fine all you realy need is some knowledge on computers and artistic talent

coastymad said:
i was thinking of doing a text-based one,that's why i am using dreamweaver, to do the basic layout but i am not sure how to set passwords or how to save users settings. thanks.

there are tons of programs made just for text base here are a few
mud maker

well actualy its just one lol

Lol it is?

Well.. you can create a MMORPG with a free program / flash because they probably dont have the coding of a real game and you would need atleast a few years of knowing how to even code something to make some part of a game

Warcrafter please don't spam, this thread is hella old ( learn to read the time of post ) as it says 10-28-06, pratically a year old... so yeah...

i need the kind thats easy and u dont need to be a pro

Hmm... -edit to make it not mean- :haha:

im trying to make a game kinda like W.O.W but its not its comepltly different

Ok... Well if you want to make a game like WOW you need to ATLEAST know how to code, make textures, make a suitable character model with decent Skeleton system, If you want to learn how to make a game, you can 1st pick up Macromedia Flash ( 30 day trial, unless you buy ) and learn how to make basic flash games and animations, then when you get some skill you can move on to 3D animations or BASIC code, then go to a school to learn

wow well i guess this is a little late but oh well. if you want the best outta your gaming use fps creator X10 its the best go to fpscreatorx10.com but i would suggest realm craftor for mmorpgs. its got way better graphics than most mmorpgs do. the other ones like gaia online is a few 3d houses and the rest is 2d. that is so boring. But realm crafter is great. Oh and by the way it stinks for you people because you only have trail versions of the software. I have full versions of fps creator, fps creator x10 and realm crafter. hahaha. ive already got my own team were already making our way next to bungie. (they made Halo).... haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back