Video Card Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaeger

I have a P.O.S. computer. It's old...it's so....old. You guys seem to know an exceptional amount of information on computers and ect. SO I'm dying to update my Xtasy GeForce ti4200 128mb 2x/4x AGP. Theres alot of nice cards out there that I would love to purchase however theres that whole "4x/8xAGP" shtuff and my computer is 4xAGP compatible..I have no Idea what that means. My mobo is an MSI MS-6528 so I was wondering if someone could give me the best Video-Card I could slap in this puppy. I should just give my specs eh?

MSI MS-6528
Pentium 4 1.6ghz(Blegh I know)
512mb DDR
Windows XP Home Edition

Now I can't update anything else...hassle reasons..Just the video card. So if someone can post the best One I could use, I would be greatly appreciative. Thank you.

the Nivida GeForce 6600 GT is a good card an I think it would work on that board, but you might need to let someone else to say for sure. a
And you will need atlease a 300 wat PSU and a 350 would be better.

Most AGP cards now are ok with 4x agp slots, they'll adjust automatically to 4x speeds. A 6600 GT is a good deal.

6600gt is a good idea. However, if you want to spend a little bit extra try to find yourself a x800gto. Newegg is sold out now, but that would be a great upgrade for you. I would also try to encourage you to get new motherboard, cpu, ram and graphics card. For around 4-500 dollars, i know you would like it...if you ever change your mind send me an email.

:grinthumb Thank you all for your help and info. You really prevented me from buying a piece of crap 5200 PCI:zzz: I couldn't get the 6600GT since I'm running a tight budget but I got a 6200 which should be enough I suppose. Anything is better then this I suppose. My Sincere thanks to you all once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back