Need the right MMORPG maker software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auyra

Hi
I'm not sure what kind of RPG maker software are out there but I have already googled some.
I'm looking for a maker that will allow me to create games like Endless Online, Fallout, Rune Scape, and the eairly forms of Ultima Online.
I understand that these games are a bit harder to code :p
so please if you can point me in the right direction that would be nice.
:D software doesn't have to be free either but not something outragious like Maya which is 9 grand and more for upgrades @_@

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please don`t bump your thread untill at least 24 to 36 hours have elapsed with no replies.

Thanks.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Can you better describe what precisely you're trying to do and it's intended audience?

Morrowind (and now Oblivion) have a complete and comprehensive construction set where you can create your own storylines and content.

Dungeon Siege also has a complete Siege Editor (unsure if they did the same with #2). This can be used to also create completely custom areas and content for single or multiplayer.

The original Vampire the Masquerade also had a fully customizable content editor which also allowed one player to be a "dungeon master" to work their content in real-time as their friends tried to get through it.

If you're more of a coder-style person, Quake2 source is open source and can be modified with a huge userbase doing this. This is similar to how companies wrote Half-life2, Hexen, Heretic II, FAKK2, etc.etc.- by using an available 3d engine and bolting on their own content onto it.

Maybe this is what you're after?
It is adverticed as "The complete MMOG Development Solution".

It apparently only cost money when you charge players for access to the world, so you'll be able to play around with it, and get people to beta-test it, without having to shell out any of your hard earn dough.

I haven't had time to take a look at it, but still, might be worth taking a look...

*Sob* closed beta... but I signed up for it anyway... anyone got another suggestion?
Pewees

Sorry, I thought that since they had a ful sized advert in the latest GameDeveloper, with no mention of any beta (open or closed), it were ready for deployment.

And alas, no other idea at the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back