How many installations can be performed with one license agreement for office07 home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glucagon

Hi I want to know How many installations can be performed with one license agreement for Microsoft Office 2007 i on microsoft's FAQ and i found it there but the link to the answer didnt work (i guess they deleted the page)

Thanks....

I called microsoft about this once and they responded that you can install it on up to three computers. However I was using Microsoft Office XP/2002

Thats interesting if that is true Stick'o ram. I've always been under the impression that it is just like a Windows OS lisence, 1 lisence 1 computer.

Okay, I've still got 2003 loaded (waiting on 2007 until I've got Vista loaded) but here's a snippet of the EULA from it:

1.1 Installation and use. You may:
(a) install and use a copy of the Software on one personal computer or other device; and
(b) install an additional copy of the Software on a second, portable device for the exclusive use of the primary user of the first copy of the Software.

Now, if I'm reading this correctly, you may load this on two machines, so long as the second is a portable and you are the primary user. Having said that, I read (by omission) that as long as you're installing on the same machine, you should be able to install it on multiple boots.

That's my thoughts anyway....worth the bits and bytes it's written in.

Yea, becaue I have office xp installed on my sisters gateway, my parents hp and my computer all on the same license and they were all installed within one month, and as the guy said in the PR deparment I wouldn't have any problems.

I think that 3 computer thing is right. I was reading something yesterday or day before about Apple's iLife08 and how it has Numbers in it now (to rival excel), and the article mentioned that the student Office for Mac is the best selling non apple software for Macintosh computers, and said you could install it on 3 computers. I don't have the link anymore or I'd put it here.

Does this work on Office Professional then? I got a free copy of that for going to the MS Launch Event for Vista and Office, but I've been real reluctant to install it because I thought there might be some hassle if I switched computers it was on a few months later.

The recent bestbuy ad had it posted that Office Home and Student can be installed on three computers but it said that the professional edition can only be installed on one computer.

Home/Office and Student/Teeacher editions can be installed on up to 3 pc's.
OEM office pro, like ALL OEMS have to live and die on the pc its FIRST installed on. If you change cpu, mobo or hdd, then inkeeping with the MS EULA you should buy a new OEM office licence (and OS as well :eek: ).
Now even MS are vague on this and they did say to me that if you ring them they will use discretion.
Retail (or boxed) versions can be installed on ANY ONE pc AT A TIME.
Most of the MS products have 'trust' licences, which basically means you could get away with installing the same licence on 20 pc's, but they 'trust' that you will buy 20 licences...... yeah, right! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back