Problem: DIRECT X9.c/ATI drivers/WHQL certification

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got XP, directx 9b and a Ati Radeon 9800pro

I've been happily running the latest ATI drivers

I have a new game which insists on directx9c

I go to install it and it refuses, stating I have a driver which is not WHQL certified

I check Dxdiag and sure enough one of the ati files is not certified.

I uninstall the ati drivers and check their site, its says all their drivers are WHQL certified which seems odd given the above. I install an older ati driver

I get the same error message. I try four more different and older drivers. Every single one has a file which is not certified.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!

Right click my computer select properties then hardwear then driver signing make sur the box that says warn-prompt me each time to choose an action is ticked click ok then apply then ok. The next time you try to install drivers that are not whql certified it will ask you if you want to proceed or not. Sometimes it`s not always possible to get drivers that are whql certified. Hope this helps Regards Howard
gentleman.gif

I do have that option selected.

Every time i try to install any ati drivers it tells me the drivers are not certified. ATI maintain that all their drivers are certified.

Are you aware of any ATI drivers which are for certain certified?

In that case I wouldn`t worry to much and just carry on with the install regardless of weather the drivers are whql or not. Regards Howard:grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back