I have
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Socket 775 (3.0GHz) 1333FSB 6MB L2 Cache

Gigabyte GA-EP43-S3L iP43 Socket 775 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard

OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800Mhz/PC2-6400 GOLD XTC Memory Kit

Gainward 9800GTX+ 512MB DDR3 Dual DVI HDTV out PCI-E Graphics

Antec Sonata III Piano Black Quiet Mid Tower Case - With 500W EarthWatts PSU

Western Digital 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache - OEM Green Power

LiteOn 20x DVD±RW Dual Layer & Ram + Lightscribe IDE Black Bare Drive - OEM
Now i believe this could be the RAM modules being faulty.

With both sticks of RAM the computer will not reach any screen at all, it will beep once and the reboot (repeating this process over and over)

I decided to remove a stick of RAM, now the computer will boot to the post bios screen for about 20 seconds then will reboot again(over and over)

However one stick of ram will not work at all, and the blue light at the front of the case which is the hard drive LED does not switch on at all!

Any help is greatly appreciated, many thanks in advance. All these components are brand new from ebuyer (arrived today!)

hi cartera

Is everything connected properly on the motherboard? Beeping sounds usually indicate that something is wrong on the board itself or RAM is not plugged in correctly. Could be faulty RAM as well though - run Memtest on each stick. Try different slots and all chips on all slots just to make sure that your slots are working correctly as well. Most times, these things are not mentioned on online purchases and sometimes things get damaged during transportation.

Spyder_1386 :)

I have checked and re-checked motherboard connections! How would i run memtest without another pc to check them in :S
Many thanks

yea not having another pc is a problem then lol ... unfortunately all I can think of is Motherboard or RAM issues to be honest ... maybe try plugging them into a friend's comp?

No one i know has such a high powered comp, that had already crossed my mind! Any other way of distinguishing between mobo failure and ram failure?

I have had a read and done some of the advice, might be worth taking note that one stick of RAM will allow me to view the boot screen (wont allow me to get any further) the other stick of ram wont show any screen at all!

Just spoken to ebuyer tech support who have arranged a return, the tech support advisors believes it to be a RAM fault; with two sticks of RAM!! I am not so sure but will update when i find out!

I switched each Stick of Ram between each slot!(all 4 slots) They both came with the same results. I am starting to think it could be the mobo :(

Then it is most likely the RAM kit. A DOA mobo usually refuses to POST without giving off beeps or any other signs of activity, except that you would have all the fans spinning at full speed.

Citylink picked up the ram this morning so will hopefully get a new one next week, otherwise this pc looks awesome! Absolutely ripping my heart out not being able to play it though! Thanks very much for all your help!

hey cartera

Good to know :) .... thank you for the info. Please let us know how it goes once you're able to use the computer. Enjoy!

Ebuyer told me yesterday they found faults with the ram kit, Just recieved the new kit today and plugged them in :) Working fine and just installing the OS now. Cant wait to get this baby up and running! Thanks for all your help, i will update on how she performs in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back