How to link to a specific post in a thread ?

Didou

I was wondering if it was possible to get the "ID" of a post in a thread so that when you wish to link to a specific post in a thread, you can get that information easilly.

Would that be possible ? ;)

Not in this vB version, we plan to move to the latest version of vBulletin in the coming month or so... we would do it right away however our news system and a few other things around the site are tied to the forum so we must be careful as we plan the move.

It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Here's an example.

Thread @ TTLG

Next to the date & time of the post, there's a little icon for a permanent linc to the post. That's what I had in mind.:)

Yes they upgraded not so long ago. But I do seem to remember that function being available before the upgrade (the upgrade was effective June 2nd only).

I'm gonna ask.:)

Heh, well, this is the not-so-easy method, hoover the mouse over the "edit" button you want to have the postid from, you will see it in the address field, on the link you want now just append #postXXXXX replace X with that linkid numer...

That's what I was going to suggest.

I remember on several occasions, if someone posted a link to an attachment, and I wanted to see what thread or post it was that had whatever attached, I always found it by taking the #postXXXXX out of the attachment link and placing it in:

https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=XXXXX#postXXXXX

how do i get to post my message? it says: 'to be able to post links or images your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts,' and 'you may add 4 tag(s) to this thread, and i have. in addition i've attached my combofix log, and whenever i try to post it comes back with those same requirements. my question, what are tags and what are post links?

Back