Best download manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

duku

What is, in your oppinion, the best download manager?

Mine goes to GetRight 4.5c (but I also heard good words about Download Accelerator 5.2.0.4) :cool:

I'm using download accelerator 5.0 I think, haven't had major issues with it, I only use it for getting better download rates for large files though, believe it or not, I'm still on dial up.

I think that Download Accelerator Plus works great. I have rarely had problems with it, maybe once or twice, since I have been using it for a few years. It makes things go much faster.

Well, I guess only 2 people from this forum make downloads and use a download manager? :(

So far the winner is DAP...:D

Originally posted by duku
Well, I guess only 2 people from this forum make downloads and use a download manager? :(
I download things, too. My browser has a built-in download manager! :D I can stop downloads whenever I want and continue later.

When it comes to options, features and "intelligent" downloading, GoZilla!, Getright and Flashget are probasbly your best bet.

I use DAP, only because I don't have a WHOLE LOT of downloading to do anymore. If you are downloading multiple files and plan to queue them for later... If you need complete automation.. DAP is not exactly for you. Getright and Gozilla have a much better queueu system. Infact, Gozilla (despite making annoying dragon-like sounds) also speeds up downloads much in the same way DAP does. You may want to try it out.. I haven't used it in over a year though.

BTW, why DAP is referred as belonging to "download accelerators" category and GetRight, FlashGet, Go!zilla to "download managers"? As far as I seen they all do pretty much the same thing. I.m. there is another way to accelerate a d/l than segmented downloading (and mirror searching).

Apropos, GetRight is the only d.m. which has a good and dedicated file/mirror service (www.filemirrors.com), only FlashGet has a similar function, limited only to Lycos search.

cable will be operational in heaven in the 2nd quarter of 2010

Why when there is broadband? :D

Thumbs down for flashget

Even though I still use it.... (call me hypocrit)

FlashGet for example, doesn't keep track of whats in your download folder, what's there, and what is not. It also doesn't track file sizes, and if it was run out of harddrive space it crashes, then you lose your whole 'database' history of downloads, even though they were never much use anyway.

Download Manager

I have used alot of them in the past but always pick either download accelerator or gozilla. Both worked extremely well and with broadband seemed to work even better....

I use Getright and have no real problems with it, it supports segmented downloads (not really any use to me on 56k though) etc. and integrates nicely with any browser

I don't use one, but if I was to choose one it would be:

Download Accelerator

I have used Gozilla, and Get Right in the pass.
But I don't used any.
I get a fast enough download without it.

It seems that the resume download feature in IE6 is kinda working correctly right now. Anyone tried this yet?

Originally posted by lokem
It seems that the resume download feature in IE6 is kinda working correctly right now. Anyone tried this yet?

And could you please explain us how can you pause/resume a d/l in Internet Explorer 6?

From my sad experience, if you are disconnected, you lose all and must restart the d/l from beginning :(

Originally posted by duku

And could you please explain us how can you pause/resume a d/l in Internet Explorer 6?

From my sad experience, if you are disconnected, you lose all and must restart the d/l from beginning :(

THe resuming feature is actually done automatically once you're disconnected from the server while d/lding. Clicking on the exact link that you've clicked will prompt the save file dialog again. But instead of d/lding from the start, it will resume from where it stopped. Not sure whether this will survive a system reboot or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back