Creative Inspire 5.1 : Center Speaker No output !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Guys,

I have purchased Creative Inspire 5.1 5200 Speaker for my Creative Live 5.1 sound card !

Everything works fine except for the CENTER speaker . STRANGEST is that i get audio from all the 5 speakers including the CENTER speaker when i use the CREATIVE Diagonstics => Test Speaker and also when i use the CREATIVE SURROUND SOUN MIXER => TEST Speakers.

But when i use the Creative play Center , i get not output from CENTER speaker , its dead !! .

Can you guys help me to sort this out .

P.s : I have the latest drivers . I run on WINXP home Ed . via Creative Diagnostics all the 5 speakers give clear and distinct output !! but when using creative play center ver 3.0.2 no output from CENTER speaker !

Well, the good news is that nothing's broken, it's meant to work that way. If you're playing a stereo source (MP3, CD, etc.) they'll just be played over the front (& rear depending on Drivers) speakers. If you want the centre channel utilized for stuff like that youd need to enable CMSS in Surround Mixer/EAX Console, wherever they had it on the Live! control panels.

Hi Thomas ,

Thanks for your info.

Would you be kind enough to give the steps to:

to enable CMSS in Surround Mixer/EAX Console.

I could find it neithger in Surround sound mixer ( ver 2.00.26 ) nor Creative Play center => EAX opion ( ver 3.02.70)

Thanks ,
rohan

If I remember right you have to switch to the smaller view mode for Playcenter & expand the menu on the right hand side. There's a small little button that says CMSS. If you load PlayCenter's Help file & search for CMSS it ought to point it out more directly though.

Hi Thomas,

I did try to find via help for CMSS ...but no ...its not available in the help .

Also , there only EAUX button in the right corner not CMSS .

Are you referring to AUDIGY line fo drivers ? . I think we can find CMSS only tht series... I cam across a sort of hack to use Audigy drivers on SB live series .. here is the link ..... http://kpush.tripod.com/tweaking/id33.html
i did not try yet ...whats your view?

Guys , let me knoe if its ok to proceed ?

regards,
rohan .

I'm not sure this is the answer to your problem, but as far as the mod is concerned, I tried the mod you linked and I couldn't get it to work on my Audigy 1. But I can speak for this one. Although this one is pretty much the same, except for different drvers, I've used it and it works, at least on my Audigy, and it's supposed to work on a Live.

Again, not saying this will fix your problem, but as far as mods go, I can recommend this one.

waiitng to test it

Hi guys !

I need some time to download and try olefarts suggestion ...just wanna inform you ..anyway ..it luvly to see that we reach beyond boundries to helpo esaxh other..

Thanks guys !!

i will post the result soon !

:) rohan

Hi guys !

I need some time to download and try olefarts suggestion ...just wanna inform you ..anyway ..it luvly to see that we reach beyond boundries to help each other..

Thanks guys !!

i will post the result soon !

:) rohan

I fixed mine!

lol all you have todo is take the orange plug out from subwoofers and you should be sweet... dono why it works.. it just did for me ;)

I know its a bit too late to tell you this.. you probably have fixed it some other way... but yeah people googling for this solution might still end up reading this..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back