Windows 7 BSOD started after a faulty wire but

Tripnyc

Hello all,

Does anyone know what this following error code means? I'm guessing it's some kind of hardware failure but I can't figure out what. I bought a new western digital caviar black 1TB hard drive, installed it with Sata cables and installed Windows 7 ultimate on it and it worked fine for a couple of days. All of a sudden today I get this error.

I should mention that the reason why I decided to replace the hard drive is because my other hard drive(s) were fine until one of their sata cable broke in half and even tho I replaced the sata cables on those drives they still won't boot and would cause BSOD's. So, I decided to buy a new drive and new cables and try it.

So, could someone please help me? I'm so confused and don't know what to do here. Thanks so much.

Technical information:
***Stop: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFFA8005B3E028, 0X00000000B2000000, 0X000000000004008F)

"were fine until one of their sata cable broke in half"...
Was this on the SATA cable or with the SATA connector on the motherboard. Was the power on when it broke?

Hi,

The connector that connects to the hard drive was broken not the motherboard one. I bought a new sata cable and replaced it.

Was the power on when the cable broke? Did you format and install Windows fresh on the new hard drive?

Yes, I'm pretty sure power was on altho I was not home at the time. I did a full format of all the drives and upon installing the brand new drive I installed windows home premium 64 bit in it and it booted up fine for a couple of days then BSOD again.

For the couple of days that the pc booted normally, no. There was no yellow alerts in device manager. Now that the pc won't boot anymore I don't know if there might be some driver issue.

"Now that the pc won't boot anymore"...

When you say "won't boot", do you mean that the PC starts but doesn't get into Windows?

Correct. Basically, here's what happens.

I push the button to turn on pc
BIOS POST screen goes thru ok everything checked and no errors or beeps
Hard Drives detected also/CD ROM etc
Windows 7 Logo splash screen

Now here's where 1 of two things happen. Sometimes, windows will go past this screen and just before getting to the login screen it gets a BSOD.

OR

Right after windows logo splash screen, PC automatically restarts and goes thru BIOS POST screen again and just loops over and over.

I hope this helps a bit. Thank you so much for your help/questions thus far!

It really sounds like a hard drive issue... Do you have another to try? It doesn't have to be a big drive...

Well I bought a brand new Caviar black and was able to install the OS into it and it loaded fine for a couple of days. So are you suggesting I try a different drive because the new one might be corrupt/destroyed?

If so, why would it allow me to reinstall windows in it again? Cos, I just tried reinstalling windows in it and it seems to be reading/writing the data just fine. Something tells me it may not be a HD issue but either a motherboard or some other device issue. I just wish I knew which one.

What do you think or suggest? Thanks again :)

Back