NV FX 5900 problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drenholm

Hi, first post here.. oooh!

Let's get to the point..

Not long ago my gainward NVFX 5900 (golden sample) decided it's not going to work properly anymore. When turning on the system there are vertical lines during the POST and the vertical blue lines during the windows XP loading screen. Once in windows any attempt to change the resolution from 640 x 480 results in a crash while the monitor tries to change modes.

No idea what has caused this :(

I've had the card for almost a year with no problems when it seemed go into a gradual decline with random crashes, blue screens and, most of all, system hangs until it decides not to work altogether.

I'm non-too happy since i'mm back on my old GeForce 2 Pro, which works fine, so it's definately the card.

I have since completely formatted the hard drives and reinstalled everythin (since it was full of so much junk!)

I also emailed gainward about it the other day, I am yet to recieve a reply.

Anybody have any ideas?

If it helps here are my system specs:

Abit NF7-2 v2
AMD 2600+ (I think, might be 2700 can't remember )
You know the gfx card :D
The rest I don't think is necessary!

Thanks for yer time.

Did you try different drivers? If so and it still doesn't work then the card is probably defective. Still under warranty?

Yeh, i've tried the driver that came with it and various later ones.
I'm not entirely sure where I'm up to with the warranty and i can't find my reciept :s
I wouldn't be too bothered, but it was a rather expensive card and was damn good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back