BSOD after motherboard/CPU upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarvis

Hello all, I need some help in figuring out a problem with my Dad's System. I had him upgrade his mobo and RAM because I had an athlon XP 2200+ lying around that wasnt being used. So he bought the ASUS A7N8X and 512 DDR 400 memory. Anyways, I put the new mobo in and connected all the IDE cables and such..which I have done several times for several different CPUs. Now when I turn the PC on it loads up until it gets to the Windows XP loading screen and then a Blue Screen of Death appears which is unreadable because the system reboots directly after the screen comes up. It just keeps repeating this process over and over again even when I try to boot into safe mode. I have no idea what the problem is, I've tried to put my athlon 3000+ in, my video card, my ram and the same thing happens. This leads me to believe its the HDD, which confuses me because last night his system was running fine until I put the new mobo in. I did change all the IDE cables to the ones that came with the new mobo..perhaps it could be bad cables? I have to drive back to his house to get the old cables because I didn't bring them with me to my house and I'm going to replace them and see what happens. In the meantime however...any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ok thanks I'll try that...I only went about it this way because I've swapped mobos before without experiencing any types of problems... I'll come back with an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back