Interview with AMD's Product Marketing Manager - need your feedback!

Julio Franco

Staff member
Mikael recently met AMD's Product Marketing Manager for North America during one of the AMD Tech Tour gatherings.

He showed particular interest in doing an interview for TechSpot, however if we were to do this I would definitely want to cover all that interests our readers... we want your feedback and ideas for a very successful interview :bounce:

Remember 99% of the time technology companies won't discuss much details on future/unannounced products, however I still believe we can come up with something very interesting. Here's some of the latest happenings from AMD:

• Sempron to get 64-bit extensions
  • Dual (and quad?) core processors
  • Recently released Athlon 64 FX-57 (targeted at gamers mostly)
  • AMD Turion Processors for notebooks (Centrino competitor)
  • AMD's initiative on the Personal Internet Communicator (PIC) for third world countries

Sounds good!

It would be nice if you could find out if PIC will be considered for the rest of the world too/without going through an ISP? Such a small 'puter like that could be put to good use several places...

Wow, that's a great step for TS. Congratulations. I'll be interested in reading it when it becomes available.

p.s. Julio, can you check your PM, I've sent you one recently :)

That is awesome!!!

What would be the possibility of web radio or broadcasting the interview?
I'm really intrested in reading this as well....
You guy's are on top of things!! :hotbounce

Thats a good point Socrates.

Lots of places now are doing the 'podcast' thing. We don't have interviews enough for a regular podcast thing, but making the interview avaiable on mp3 might be pretty cool.

1. I want to know about the OSs available that supports the AMD Dual Core chip and whether those OSs are fully compatible or do need more work on them.

2. Is AMD thinking about lowering the prices a bit, I think, it has been a little expensive in the last year comparing to the prices from 4 years ago?

3. Is there any word as if software companies started working on programs that are based on the Dual Core chips?

4. And how much different is AMD's dual core chips are from Intel's as in Design?

5. And lastly, is the quad core chips are going to be similar to the dual core chips technology or is it another new beginning?

Thx

Back