Microsoft goes Hollywood with 'Halo' film deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikael

Microsoft's popular Halo Xbox game is going from the TV screen to the big screen, after two studios agreed to produce a film featuring the game's cyborg hero Master Chief. The film is slated to appear in the summer of 2007.
Your thoughts on this film? I probably wouldn't go and see Halo in the theaters, but many fans will still probably flock to it. I am still curious to see how the Doom movie turns out (The Rock is playing Sarge).

The Register linkage

I'm happy about the Halo movie, it may move games more into the public eye, the one that stubbornly denies games existance as a proper entertainment medium, or that they are other than society wrecking satanic creations.

The guidlines that Microsoft will mean that they won't just have bought the name and the monsters, as in Doom, it'll be a proper Halo movie with a story.

While many think that Microsofts payment requests are bad and evil, I think it's great because it means only the best companies will dare taking it on!

Some dudes already did it, its called Red Vs. Blue. I have season 1 and season 2 on dvd.

I know... I've got every single episode, even the new Season 4 ones in 'My Videos.'

The characters have really been emphasised in the new series, I've never known Tucker to be quite so filthy!

I'd love it if the films have good quality stories, with good actors that can atually act. I'd hate to see what happened with the Resident Evil films. In my opinion the acting was dump, as was the story. It was just all atitude and big bangs. I've never really seen The Rock act, but given that he used to be a pro wrestler, im guessing the quality of acting in the Doom film wont be all that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back