Front Side Bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

agissi

On 3DMark2001, when Im viewing the Online Result scores it also shows the specs of my sistem. It shows the FSB running at 66Mhz. It also shows the FSB at this speed when I goto "System Info".Shouldnt this be 266Mhz? My mobo is a ECS K7S5A. On the ECS website it says the CPU has an FSB running at 266/200Mhz. The AthlonXPs use 266Mhz FSB's.(I have an XP). :confused: Why isnt my FSB running at 266Mhz? You guys are the Genius's here:rolleyes: Speak me lord:blush:

Attachments

• fsb.jpg
    fsb.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 29
Heh, don't worry about 3DMark...

Look at the guy w/ the top score ;) His FSB is 9129MHz.

It is 266. Check your CMOS just to convince yourself.

FSB detection isn't always easy as different manufacturers use different chipsets as well as different logic to determine how it operates.

CHKCPU, a nifty little cpuid program for DOS, reported a board that was running at 50mhz FSB (socket 5 with an AMD k5 in it) as 375.5mhz, with a 1.5x multiplier.

Yeah dont worry, I have the K7S5A also, and my ATHY XP 1800+ also only reports as having a 66Mhz. FSB..... I do believe I've tried a few other programs and they've showed the true 266mhz FSB.....its just 3dMark:blackeye:

well fsb speeds can be listed by base, or by what the processor uses them as. For example the p4s either run on fsbs of 100 or 133, the 400s run on 100s and the 533s run on the 133s. The amd xps run on 133s doubled to 266. I dont know why you would be listed as 66, as that is only half of the 133 you should be listed at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back