Ctrl+alt+delete wont work + other problems pls help =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

halomunkey

Hey, I'm new to this forum and I found it while searching for help on the internet. The problem is I can't open task manager and my anti-spyware keeps detecting power scan and some other really bad baddies like trojans and its also showing signs of Mc-58-12-0000080.exe and Mc-58-12-0000014.exe. I went here but it still didnt help, the stuff just cloned itself again.

I posted my hijack this log file below

btw. im using spybot spy doctor ad-aware spy sweeper for my adware and AVG antivirus (until I get norton) for my anti virus software

Thanks!

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 12
You obviously did not pay much attention to what's written in that post!

C:\Documents and Settings\matt bernardo\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
put HijackThis in e.g C:\Program Files\HJT and NOT in Temp or on the Desktop!.

Boot in Safe Mode, see how here.
Switch System restore OFF, see how here.
In Windows Explorer, turn on "show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.

Next, open Windows Task Manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE.
Click the Processes tab, select the process (if there) and click End Process for:
svhost.exe <<== watch spelling!
winsupdater.exe
winlog.exe
winupdates.exe

Next, click on Start/Run and type in (followed by press Enter):
regsvr32 /u C:\Program Files\YourSiteBar\ysb.dll

Next, click Start/Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs. If there, UNinstall anything to do with:
C:\Program Files\YourSiteBar\ysb.dll
C:\Program Files\winsupdater\winsupdater.exe
C:\Program Files\winupdates\winupdates.exe

Next, click Start/Run and type services.msc and click OK. Look for the service:
winlog.exe
Doubleclick it, click Stop if it's running, and change the Startup type to Disabled.

Next, run a HJT scan and (if still there) place a tick-mark in the little square before:
...................................................................................................
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 127.0.0.1:8080
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = local
O3 - Toolbar: YourSiteBar - {86227D9C-0EFE-4f8a-AA55-30386A3F5686} - C:\Program Files\YourSiteBar\ysb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [svhost] C:\WINDOWS\system32\svhost.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winsupdater] C:\Program Files\winsupdater\winsupdater.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [] winlog.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winupdates] C:\Program Files\winupdates\winupdates.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [] winlog.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [svhost] C:\WINDOWS\system32\svhost.exe
O23 - Service: X10 Device Network Service (x10nets) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\ATIMUL~1\RemCtrl\x10nets.exe (file missing)
...................................................................................................
Now click on the Fix Checked button in HJT. Exit HJT.

When done, from between the above dotted lines, delete the highlighted bold files.
When a \directory-name\ is bold, delete everything in it, including that directory itself.
Delete all files and directories from: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp
Repeat this for ALL [usernames].
Rightclick IE on the desktop, select Properties, click on Delete Cookies, and Delete Files.
Delete ALL files and directories from: C:\WINDOWS\Temp (except files dated from TODAY).
XP only: Delete ALL files from C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch.
Boot normal. When all OK, switch System Restore back on.

THANKS A BUNCH!!!

I followed everything you said and everything is working perfectly. Man that spyware was such a pain XP.

Thanks again! theres not many helpful people out there :grinthumb:

ahhh its happend to me too ~_~ god fuggly anyways, i dont understand ur steps ~_~ and mine keeps openning my Download Clients SO i deleted it but it still like clicks on it so it keeps openning limewire (deleted) and i cant use ctrl+alt+delete Help meeee :confused:

Well it doesnt sound good, if I were you I would carefully backup important/personal stuff (makesure you run antivirus on those files before you back them up) and format HDD, and avoid junk. mcafee 9.0 and Adaware, works magic on my laptop, never have a prob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back