Bugcode_usb_driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavinbremner

Hi,

Every now and then, for no apparent reason, my computer decides to crash and gives me the following error message.

BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

Anyone any idea how to deal with this error?

Thanks
Gav

Hardware

Hi,

I have a pentium 4 3gHz processor. 512mb of ram. An 80gb hard disk drive. A cd/dvd drive and a cd/dvd re-writer drive. I'm not too sure what else you want to know. Hope this is enough.

Thanks
Gav

Hi,

What is manufacturer of your motherboard? What USB devices are in use when your windows crashes?

Attach 5 to 6 minidumps here and you can find them at the folder \windows\minidump

Minidump

Hi,

I have a fujitsu-siemens cordant pc, but I'm not sure of the motherboard manufacturer.
I always have my canon ip1500 printer attached and my bt voyager 105 adsl modem connected.

I tried attaching the files, but it won't let me attach that file type. Is there any other way to attach them?

Thanks
Gavin

Minidump Files

Hi,

Here is an attached zip file with 4 minidump files inside.

Thanks
Gavin

Attachments

• Mini100505-06.zip
    81.3 KB · Views: 6
Hi Gavinbremner,

I've processed your minidumps. Two minidumps crash with bugcheck code FE , 1 miniump with bugcheck 50 and 1 minidump with bugcheck 0A at timer interrupt routine. The culprit is related to faulty memory. Probably it is faulty ram or L2 cache memroy cpu.

You can run memtest to stress the ram. If memtest reports the ram is faulty, ram is bad. However Memtest is not a perfect tool to test the memory as some faulty ram can pass memtest.

Suggestion
1. Check the temperature of the CPU and make sure that it is not overheat (ie temperature < 60C)
Make sure that the CPU fan works properly
2. Reseat the memory stick to another memory slot
3. Downclock the ram
4. Clean the dust inside the computer case
5. Make sure that the ram is compatible to the motherboard
6. Check the bios setting about memory timing and make sure that it is on
7. Downclock the CPU

If it still crashes, diagnostic which memory stick is faulty
Take out one memory stick. If windows does not crash, the removed memory stick is faulty.

Debug report of Mini100505-06.dmp
BugCheck 1000000A, {f61, 1c, 0, 804e1637}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiUnlinkThread+7 )

Hi Gavinbremner,

Do you fix the ram problem? Your feedback will help us to resolve similar problem. Member Tribal-Phoenix has the similar problem (ie crashes at nt!KiUnlinkThread+7)
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic38124.html

Debug report of Mini112605-02.dmp
BugCheck 1000000A, {0, 1c, 0, 804e1637}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiUnlinkThread+7 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back