What seems to be the overall best IM? I know all opinions vary but WHY do you like i

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the best instant meeannger is Aim or Msn both good, i like aim because i always used it and all my firends have it :hotbounce

That's my point I guess. Is it really better or are you on it because your friends are? What makes it better?

well i personially like msn messanger because of all the fearutes and ease of file transfer ect

aim ive used for about 8 years and its not a bad programe, its so buggy with virouces and being unable to dirrect connect
i would perosnally use msn messgenger if i had a chioce but i ovily dont because no body usses it

there are things that can do all 3 msn aim and yahoo, ive never tired it thoguh, i fogt the name tho

i would give msn 7 of 10
and aim 6-10
i tired yahoo once and i sucked 4-10 for yahoo

you sohuld have put a poll on this :)

Trillian pro not only uses 5 IMs (ICQ, MSN, IRC, AOL & Yahoo), which I use all of them (all of them for over 7 years....), it also let's u file transfer easily, backup your contact for migration use, use multimedia online (chat with camera for all services who support it), but is also very stable & fun. I know I sound like a commercial, but I'm just a happy user who really recommends Trillian. U can get it here...
http://www.trillian.cc/

Enjoy. :)

I liked ICQ back before they were bought out by AOL. I haven't used an IM for a couple of years now.

I used to like ICQ way back. Today Messenger is the most used, although they all kinda suck. AIM and AIM express are nothing but virus magnets! My daughter killed her computer using those (among other things). I really think IMs and e-mail are going by the wayside. It was fun in the old days but now it's just an annoyance that is fast losing it's lustor at least with older users like me.

Adium its free, it works with every IM service I use, and plenty that I don't. Its got the functionality of Trillian Pro, but without the cost, and it looks nicer. But its not for Windows.

I'm an advocate for GAIM. It's lightweight, it handles all the protocols I use and can have multiple accounts logged in at once. I regularly use 3 different protocols and I'd have to use 3 different 'official' clients if it weren't for GAIM. :mad:
I also love the fact that it works in UNIX and I don't have to get used to a different client for each OS. :stickout:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back